Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 07-10-2006, 12:03 AM
Puppy Dog

tobylittledude, your Toby is ADORABLE! What a cutie!
Old 07-10-2006, 05:25 PM
Top Dog

I wouldn't say as though they enjoy it. They tolerate it, but no, its not one there favourite things to do...I think they find it rather boring.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 07-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Active Pup

Actually my dog poe enjoys it. i just show him the brush, and he runs up to me. He loves it.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:56 AM
Active Pup

My dog Marston loves it when I brush him. He has however had an extreme reaction to going to the groomers this last time. That is what brought me to this forum.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:13 AM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Lucas is very tolerant of me brushing and other grooming things, but he definetly doesn't enjoy it. I'm sure he'd rather be doing something like taking a walk or playing.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:38 PM
Active Pup

My dog has gone into a complete personality change. He won't play or do anything he hides in the bathroom. This is so unlike him as he is ussually right with me all the time. Has anyone else had a bad reaction to going to the groomers?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:17 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
In my experience, most dogs enjoy it if they trust the groomer and are treated gently and with respect. It's like a massage, pedicure, getting your nails done and a haircut all at once!

Or should be
Happy tails dog grooming, just a question how many Siberian Huskies do you groom and can you honestly say they like it
In my experience it depends on the owner of the dog and if they take care to groom the dog at home. There are many dogs that are groomed by caring professional people that still do not enjoy being groomed.

Also dogs are not thinking "spa" day like people are That is putting human emotion into a dog. There are many breeds due to genetics that are predisposed to not care for water as getting wet in cold northern climates meant certain death.

To say all dogs enjoy grooming because the groomer is nice is false. To say all dogs should enjoy just because the groomer is sweet is not correct.

In that case are you saying the few people on this forum who have problems grooming their own dogs are abusive?
Old 07-13-2006, 10:19 PM
Active Pup

Sometimes dogs do not enjoy going to the groomers if it's a busy athmosphere. There is lots of noise, high velocity dryers which most dogs have not been accostomed to at home. Being with strangers no matter how nice they can be will be tramatic for some dogs. Some dogs thrive on all the action, some don't.