Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 07-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Top Dog

dr2... the funny thing was it happened so quickly and the dam was so happy she lead my poor male to the front door still tied.! Poor Bushwacker !!

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 07-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Collie Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD
If I had a stud dog, I would not dare send him away to breed. Unless I could be present at all times, who knows what the people would do while in posession of my stud? They *say* they are only breeding him to one approved bitch, but what if they breed him to 3-4 others that I've never seen?

I definately see your point but some people are just as hesitant to let their female go to the studs homw. What if the breeder doesnt breed to the stud you chose? What if the female accidentaly breeds to a different stud or a mixed breed dog and the studs owner says nothing?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:18 PM
RedyreRottweilers

I would never send my bitch away to a stud dog without a signed contract stating who the bitch is to be bred to, and without said stud dog's DNA on file with the AKC so that is can be PROVEN who the bitch was bred to.

People who stand good dogs who are titled generally understand how to handle bitches who are visiting for breeding.

In the dog world, bitches are almost ALWAYS sent to the stud dog for breeding.
Old 07-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Sled Dog Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieCollie
I definately see your point but some people are just as hesitant to let their female go to the studs homw. What if the breeder doesnt breed to the stud you chose? What if the female accidentaly breeds to a different stud or a mixed breed dog and the studs owner says nothing?
Then you should have done your homework better when picking out a stud dog owner.

Member of Dogs Deserve Better & In Defense of Animals & The Humane Society of the United States.
Volunteer for the Sled Dog Action Coalition.
Think the sled dog racing industry is humane? Think again!
Sled Dog Issues - Working Toward a Better Tomorrow.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 07-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Collie Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by summitview
Then you should have done your homework better when picking out a stud dog owner.
Why are you always so harsh? Ive never seen you add helpful information without being rude about it
Old 07-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Top Dog

Thank you all for your replies. I had never considered that a male might be nervous, I rather assumed they were like the males I go to college with, ready any time, any place.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:03 PM
Are you dead yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieCollie
Why are you always so harsh? Ive never seen you add helpful information without being rude about it
She isn't harsh, Lizzie. It's the internet, it's best to avoid interpreting honesty as rudeness. Not everything is going to be sugar coated. I agree with her.

I've never gone through the process of breeding, but if I were to allow someone to use one of my future dogs, there would be a strict contract involved and I would be happy to allow them to "check me out" to make sure I am honest and responsible. I would want to do my research on a particular breeder before sending a bitch of mine to them, too.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:18 PM
Top Dog

Lord... if you don't trust the owner of the male to breed the right male, I agree !! Don't go there ! That's another puppy mill !

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/