Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 07-09-2006, 03:50 PM
Top Dog

wow they are all just fantastic, I am in awe of your talent, have you done any of Alaskan Malamutes by any chance(my breed lol) I have seen the Siberian Husky it is superb.

Mo
Old 07-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Big Dog

Hi!
No, I havenít. But there is something people usually donít understand; I feel I have to explain that. I do commissioned work only and I never "paint the breed"... I always Paint the looks, character and personality. When I paint Iím not thinking about what breed Iím painting, that is not important for me at all. Maybe Iím thinking, what a interesting dog, what beautiful horse or just what a sweet cat (Iím sure he is a little devil too )...

Oh, one more Painting, but this time a horse..

Kind Regards,
Katja
Old 07-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Top Dog

Ahh I understand fully, once again the horse is wonderful, you really are talented, and I for one could not get bored looking at your paintings.

Mo
Old 07-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Top Dog

can you please tell me how you do it, you are fantastic please give me some tips!
Old 07-11-2006, 01:36 PM
Big Dog

Hi!

All I can say is practise, practise and again practise. When I paint I use many layers of thin Oils. My paintings are never created with thick layers of paint on the canvas. When I painted my second step in the progress I always let the Painting to dry for one day to make it easier for me to apply the second layer with thin Oils and to create a nice light to it. I donít like to use very much extra Oil when painting, especially not for dark or black colours. The white paint usually needs some extra Linseed Oil or something like it.
You can take a look on my work in progress pages to see how itís done in 4-5 steps; letís take my new Painting of a Border collie named Spot. Itís a Combination Portrait because he used to herd Sheep when he was alive.

This is the painting:

Take a look at my steps here with some explanations about how Iím painting it: http://www.pet-art.net/work-in-progress3.htm

If you have any questions I will be glad to answer, only came up with a question because itís hard to just write something down.

Katja