Help! Save The Bullied Breeds Needs Info, Pics & Suggestions

• Thread starter savethebulliedbreeds
  • Start date
L

LabBreeder

Sgt. Stubby 1917-1926
This Pit Bull was found by Private John Robert Conroy on the campus of Yale University, in 1917, while training for deployment to the European front of WWI. Stubby was a brown and white patched little puppy with a 'stubbed' tail, hence his name Stubby. During the course of his stay at the camp with Private Conroy, and the other service men, Stubby became familiar with all of the bugle calls, the drill marching routines, and even learned to give a dog's version of a salute. He would would put his right paw on his right eyebrow when a salute was executed by others around him. Stubby's ability to salute struck a chord with the training camp commander and the dog was granted permission to remain with Private Conroy, even though pets were not allowed in the training compound. Stubby traveled all over, even though Conroy would have to sneak him around. He served in 17 battles across Europe. When he returned to America he recieved several metals. Stubby died on the 16th of March, 1926. After WWI Conroy returned to the United States and attended Georgetown University. Stubby became Georgetown's mascot for the football team.

L

LabBreeder

Pal aka Petey
Petey, who's real name was Pal, is probably best known for his part in The Little Rascals. He was owned by a trainer named Harry Lucenay. The black circle around Petey's eye wasn't always there! When he went for a screen debut in 1923 they painted a black circle around his eye to add more character. When they tried to wash the circle off it wouldn't and stayed on for the next twenty years. Pal also played a role in Buster Brown from 1925 to 1929. No one knows where Pal was barried. Two different pet cemeteries are claiming to have the dogs remains.

S

savethebulliedbreeds

Wow. Thanks for everything. I will maybe see if I can just build a new one on freewebs. I HATE popups....they drive me crazy. Thanks for all the stories and links and everything. It is soooooo greatly appreciated.

As a dog groomer, I come across many different breeds every day. I have NEVER had to turn away a bully breed because of aggressive behavior. The "good family dogs" however, are the ones I have all my dog bite scars from! My most current one is from a shih tzu that even mom was afraid to pick up! My husband and I just got a 10 week old pit puppy that is GORGEOUS! I will try and get some pictures online to send them to you. We would love to show him conformantion and def. plan to get him into weight pulling. IMHO we don't need breed restriction laws, but OWNER restriction laws.

S

savethebulliedbreeds

Completely agreed with the owner restriction laws. I say we do it lol. Good luck. They will think we are as crazy as we know they are.

Members online

No members online now.