Originally Posted by dr2little
I think that one thing that some people who have posted are worried about is not will she have trouble delivering, but rather will her uterus hold up while these pups grow too large. You said it was a chow mix and she's only 10 lbs herself, that's the biggest concern, her little body may not be able to accommodate such large puppies. An abortion (if it could even be done) would only be done to save her life...if it's even necessary. Only your Vet will know for sure which way to go with her.
You're right, as you said you're getting her to the Vet as soon as possible to see what he/she says. Who knows, it still may be a false pregnancy...although it sounds pretty real to me..
Good Luck and please keep us all up to date.
I wish more places had 24 hour clinics. There are three 24 hour animal hospitals within a five mile radius of where I live..
Thank you so much for the perspective. I now understand peoples' advice of action as soon as possible much more clearly. I'll just do whatever is needed so it is as safe as possible, as soon as possible.
I wish there were more 24 hr. clinics too!