Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 07-01-2006, 08:31 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

Default Help!!!!!

Rooney won't stop peeing on my moms bed and if he doesent stop she is going to force me to get rid of him!!!!!!! We ash her blanket and sheets everytime he does this and he has done it four times! And he only does it in there. I need help I can't loose anouther pet!
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 07-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Top Dog

How long has he been doing it for?
Old 07-01-2006, 08:48 PM
Big Dog

Can your mom just close her bedroom door?
Old 07-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Athletic Labs. They Exist

He's been doing it for about 1 month 1/2.

We can't keep the doors closed because we only have window ACs to cool the house and if you close the bedroom door it gets sweltering in there.
Sawyer (2 year old, Labrador Retriever)
Morisson (2 year old, Lab/Beagle)
And aunt to-
Grace
aka my brothers/roommates dog.(1 year old, Lab/Shiba Inu)
Old 07-01-2006, 09:14 PM
Big Dog

What about getting a fan for her room?

I'm sure there are ways to train your cat out of this but I am not sure how, for me it would be more "prevention."

Here are links to a couple of knowledgeable cat forums that I'm sure could help you out:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/index.php

http://www.catforum.com/index.php
Old 07-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Fila Love

Is he neutered. Male Cats are notorious for marking in the house. Neutering usually helps.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:29 AM
Mutts to you

Try Feliway. It comes in a spray and in an electric diffuser. We were having problems with one of our cats marking in the house (feeling threatened by one of the other male cats). We're on our second vial (diffuser) and he hasn't marked anything in the two months we've been using it. It's a bit pricey, but worth it, in my opinion...

http://www.vetmeddeals.com/feliway-e...321df6621d26f8

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 07-02-2006, 12:40 AM
Top Dog

Has anything at all changed about his litter box (if he has one)? We switched litterboxes to one with a lid and an opening to go through. I kept finding the rug in the bathroom being used shortly after that. I decided that maybe one of the cats didn't remember that we had gotten a new box or didn't recognize it. I was going to take each cat and put it in the box to remind them. That's when I found out the problem. One of the cats would have shredded my arms before she would go through that opening. We took the lid off, and problem solved.

Location and even change in the litter might cause a cat to find somewhere else to go.

Our previous indoor/outdoor cat didn't use a litter box. He just went when he was outside. We started having accidents with him on the bathroom rug. I don't know why all my cats like to go on the bathroom rug when they're having problems!! We first thought it was the dog having accidents until we actually caught the cat at it. The cat was getting older, and he just couldn't hold it as long as he used to. We had to be sure he wasn't stuck in the house all day or had access to the doggy door after that, and we didn't have any more trouble. (We also jokingly considered that he might have done it on purpose because we were blaming the dog. We figured he just sat back and laughed at the trouble he caused the dog, and the poor dog was thinking he not only had to keep himself from having accidents, but the cat was his responsibility now, too!!)

I don't know if your cat is getting up in age or unable to hold it as long either. Urinary tract infections and kidney problems are common in cats. Maybe it's time for a check-up at the vet, or taking a urine sample in.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:23 AM
Official Animal Lover

When we were petsitting the cats we petsit would go on our beds refusing to share the box with my cat. If that could be the case, the litter hasn't been changed or he may just need more attention. If you go to petco and tell them the situation they will tell you many solutions and there are sprays to help you out.

Add Chi-Chi http://www.dogster.com/?339450
[B]You can make some extra cash for having discussions with others without the costs, or scams or any of that.. You get paid just for having discussions with people when you feel like it. You wont make a living off of it, but extra cash is extra cash right? http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Noxmorexlies
Old 07-02-2006, 01:23 AM
Top Dog

I would definitely take him to the vet. Kojak (mak's cat) has been peeing in the chair for a while and Justin got mad at him. Finally he peed on his bed and I said he really needed to take him to the vet and sure enough....he has a urinary infection...