Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-30-2006, 01:07 AM
Rusty but Trusty

Default Innova Evo fat and protein content?

Does anyone happen to know the fat and protein content of Innova Evo? I was just wondering if there was any difference between the fat and protein in Evo as there is in the food that I am feeding now.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:31 AM
Quigleyfied

Regular Evo - 42% protein, 22% fat, 4243 Kcal/Kg
Reduced fat - 52% protein, 15.5% fat, 3615 Kcal/Kg
Red Meat - 42% protein, 22% fat, 4035 Kcal/Kg

Product Website:
http://naturapet.com/display.php?d=inn-home
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 06-30-2006, 01:36 AM
Rusty but Trusty

Thanks! I was looking for a product with more protein (as the Evo OBVIOUSLY does). My food I feed now only has 26% protein and 15% fat. I looked at their website and couldn't find the info, probably didn't look hard enough though.

Old 06-30-2006, 01:39 AM
Quigleyfied

You have to use the drop-down menu to get to a particular product page, then the guaranteed analysis is in the bottom left corner of the page. It also has a little tab labeled details >, if you click on that, you get even more info.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 06-30-2006, 01:42 AM
Rusty but Trusty

Ok NOW I see it ! I'm just having a blonde moment now. I swear it wasn't there when I first looked though. I am going to try starting her out on the lowfat but seeing as it has more protein can I leave her on that or should I just then switch to the regular Innova Evo? I was told by a few people here, and her old vet (who I called a few days ago) to give her a diet high in protein and see if maybe she'll gain a few pounds as she is a tad bit underweight.

Old 06-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Quigleyfied

IMO, the difference between 42% protein and 52% protein isn't going to have much (if any) influence on weight in a normal or underweight dog. I would eventually switch to the regular Evo.

What makes the Evo RF special is that while it has an ultra-high protein content, the fat content is moderate, which is more conductive to weight loss in obese dogs than your run of the mill carb-stuffed "lite" or "diet" foods.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:08 AM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordy
IMO, the difference between 42% protein and 52% protein isn't going to have much (if any) influence on weight in a normal or underweight dog. I would eventually switch to the regular Evo.

What makes the Evo RF special is that while it has an ultra-high protein content, the fat content is moderate, which is more conductive to weight loss in obese dogs than your run of the mill carb-stuffed "lite" or "diet" foods.
Well I couldn't get the reduced fat Evo, had to go with regular. I called three different stores before we left but noone had it and didn't even know that Evo had a reduced fat food. I'm introducing it into her food now and I just started with her evening meal but I have NEVER seen her eat so fast. The only concern I had was with the pieces being so small I was afraid she would choke on them but she did ok.

Old 07-01-2006, 12:47 AM
Quigleyfied

Not a big deal if you can't get it. Just make sure you don't overfeed. Check her stool tomorrow and if it is mushy, reduce the amount you feed for a few days.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!