Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 07-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Active Pup

I have a question about peepee and poop on my hardwood floors. I have 7 dogs in the house and it's impossible to tell which one did it. I love them and don't want to put them out inside a hot pen. It gets so hot here. When I leave them in, they do their "job" although I try and let them out on a schedule. If anyone can give me some advice, I would certainlly appreciate it. One other question I have is how do you get a dog to stop chasing cars??? Thank-you. Boo1
Old 07-16-2004, 06:10 PM
Felurian

You may have to resort to paper training or puppy pads. I'd also restrict them to one area, like the kitchen, or even split them up into two groups in two separate areas if they need more space.

The only way I've ever heard of anyone breaking a dog of chasing cars was to enlist the help of friends and have them drive by - carefully - and drop water balloons. The trick is to do it so that the dog doesn't see it come from the person, just the car. I've actually heard of one person using firecrackers, but to my mind that's a bit extreme and dangerous to both the dog and the person and might even get you arrested in some places. At the very least, your neighbors won't like you much! (g)
Old 07-17-2004, 06:22 PM
Active Pup

Default Thank-You

Thank-You so much Renee750il. I will try and separate them, and put down some paper. I was to my "wits" end, just didn't know what to do next. I don't scold them if I don't catch them in the "act". And with so many in the house, it can be quite confusing.
I'll ask my neighbor about the ballons, and get their permission first. It's their dog. They had another dog there, finally gave it away, but it taught the Labador to chase the cars and I don't want to see him get hurt.
Once again, I can't thank-you enough for your input. It's so good to see other "dog lovers" out there.
boo1
Old 07-25-2004, 10:47 PM
Active Pup

Default Chasing cars.

I don't know why my neighbors don't confine the dog, or at least scold him when he chases cars. They are very nice and caring people, it seems, but maybe they just don't consider it dangerous. I do. I had a dog that got hit by a car at one time, and I've never forgotten about it. It was sad. Thank-You for your reply, you made me think this thing this over, and maybe I should seriously talk to them, and I'm grateful for your advice. I've considered this a while back, but always came up "chicken" not wanting them to think I was trying to stick my nose into their business. They are a younger couple, and probably just not experienced with dogs chasing cars.
Sorry it took my so long to reply, been out of town for a few days.
Thank-You once again, this is such a friendly board and nice people that it makes it pleasant to be a part of it.
boo1
Old 07-25-2004, 10:54 PM
Felurian

By the way, Boo, Murphy's Oil Soap does a good job on hardwood floors. Just thought that might help.