Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Thumbs up switching to Innova Evo!!!!

Ok I have FINALLY talked Mark into switching Hannah over to Innova Evo after MONTHS of arguing and begging and pleading. I have found a place that is about ten minutes away that sells it. $25 for the 13 pound bag isn't too bad either, if it lasts a month for her than it is well worth it. We are going to start switching her over next week, we're picking up a small bag of the stuff we have just switched her over to and we're gonna pick up a big bag of the Innova and start the transition. I am SO happy that we finally have the money to give her the Innova! Sorry had to do a little happy thread because I am just SO excited!!!

Old 06-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Love my pets

So glad for you and Hannah!
Old 06-28-2006, 04:04 PM
Felurian

That's good news, Julie! You can probably just go ahead and switch her over. Just keep some canned pumpkin handy in case she has some loose bowels for a few days.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 06-28-2006, 04:29 PM
Rusty but Trusty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
That's good news, Julie! You can probably just go ahead and switch her over. Just keep some canned pumpkin handy in case she has some loose bowels for a few days.

yeah I was just thinking about switching her straight, she usually does pretty good and doesn't have any problems! I think I am probably more excited than Hannah though . I don't know why but when I switch them over to better stuff I get all excited, I guess I'm just wierd .

Old 06-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Puppy Dog

Not sure if this helps at all or not hehe, but

We have a couple of lab mixes 65lbs and 90lbs. we have been feeding them Evo for awhile now and they are doing great. We do see there teeth are dirty and they seem not to chew there food (rly rly small kibble size) So we have asked our pet store to order some New Innova Evo "Large Kibble size"

I'm hoping this will force them to chew there food and this should help there teeth and such.

So maybe look into the Large Kibble (seems your doggy is bigger then a lap pup)

Hopes this helps

OH its the same price too
Old 06-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Twin 2.0

Yay for you and Hannah, julie! I bet she's going to love it!

balto, have you tried giving your dogs some raw bones to chew on? Larger kibble size will really only get the crowns of the teeth, where as the chewing action on bones gets just about the whole tooth. I do this for mine and their teeth are pearly white.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:53 PM
Quigleyfied

Julie, that is great news!

Something to consider: depending on what you are feeding right now, it might be better if you transition to the reduced fat Evo first if possible, instead of going with the regular right away. The reduced fat Evo has 15% fat, which is more in line with traditional adult kibbles, instead of 22%. A high amount of fat in the diet is more likely to cause digestive upset and diarrhea etc.

Good luck!
- Product Research

I've been frosted!