Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 06-28-2006, 08:07 AM
Big Dog

Lightbulb can i feed him raw egg??

hi so im trying to make my dog fatter as you can still see his spine (see another thread i wrote) and someone said try raw egg??? can they eat this??

do i leave the yolk whole or stir it ???
or is it best to cook the egg???

Last edited by chilled; 06-28-2006 at 08:08 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 06-28-2006, 11:49 AM
whatszmatter

I just throw the whole egg in shell and all, if it doesn't break, she throws it in the air to break it and then eats the contents and then the shell. I do this a couple times a week usually, but I wouldn't use raw eggs as the only source of fattening up your dog.

Start out slow, only one and see how they handle it. Some dogs that have never had raw food, don't have all the bacT and enzymes up to par in their GI tract, but they will adapt and be fine.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by chilled
hi so im trying to make my dog fatter as you can still see his spine (see another thread i wrote) and someone said try raw egg??? can they eat this??

do i leave the yolk whole or stir it ???
or is it best to cook the egg???
Just out of curiosity, what are you feeding? You might want to switch to a higher fat food like Innova EVO.

http://www.naturapet.com/display.php?d=product-detail&pxsl=//product%5B@id='1246'%5D

Last edited by Herschel; 06-28-2006 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Left Out Link
Old 06-28-2006, 12:35 PM
Herding dogs rock!!!

I give my 14 week old puppy a raw egg once a week. I don't give him the shell but he gets the whole yolk and everything raw right on top of his food. I give it to him to make his coat shiny...not sure about helping gain weight. Might want to switch to a higher quality food
Old 06-28-2006, 03:46 PM
Quigleyfied

If you are feeding a commercial dry food, don't feed the egg shell. Store bought foods are too high in minerals to begin with.

You can feed the egg raw or scramble it, don't cook it, ithat makes it too difficult to digest.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 06-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Top Dog

Our 3 get an egg about every other day. They all have their own method of breaking it open, which is fun to watch. Gunnar used to bat his around the yard until it broke. Now he found out that he can use his little teeth in the front to nibble it open. Bruzer takes the whole thing in his mouth and crunches it open. Midnite pushes it against her bowl or the ground with her teeth to break it open.