Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2004, 01:58 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Ha! This is gonna sound gross, but when we try out a new type or new brand of treats for our babies I have my brother try them first! Its not like we ask him to, he just does it, LoL! Its become a routine, we buy treats, he pops one in his mouth, frowns up his face because its never what he thinks its gonna taste like and goes "its okay" and then gives the dogs some! hahahahaha

On a different note, most commercail brand foods are good for the dogs, but CHECK THE INGREDIANTS. I've went through training classes with the dogs, taken a course at the animal protective league where I volinteer my time to care for the dogs, and they say that its so important to read the ingridiants. If you have a puppy, then you get puppy food - everybody knows that. If you get chicken flavor kibble then the first or second ingridiant should be chicken something...
I've been told that CORN in dog food is like SUGAR to us, and to avoid it if you have a hyperactive pup. We had a chihuahua that had small bites toy breed puppy dog food and she was bouncing off the walls. The corn was like sugar to her and gave her all that energy, so as suggested we switched food and she calmed down. Now thats an extreme case, but I just wanted to warn you.