Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 05-21-2006, 11:42 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticket2ride21

1. when i brush him every night (which he loves by the way) what direction do i brush his hair? obviously with the grain but down? down his back? and what do i do with his head? that hairs growin straight up...see....

2. If i get him groomed...how do i have him cut?
1. brush down his back and down his legs down the sides of his belly. Lift the legs and make sure to get the inside of the legs. Just brush the hair back from his eyes.

2. Any way you want. I prefere to give cocker cuts unless the dog is matted. That is a short back and longer legs and skirt. Hope this helps.

-Joy
Old 06-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Puppy Dog

Default any advice is welcome

My cocker won't let me brush her unless I tie her down... she is determined to eat, playwith, or destroy the brush... the one spot she really is determined to keep me from is her ears, which coincidentally is the place she really needs to be brushed, she's developing some mats just under the edges of the tops of her ears and don't know how to fix... is it possible to use anti-tangle human conditioner on a dog? any ideas or suggestions. these are my first dogs so not too sure what to do.''

and why can't I add a pic... feeling stupid now...
Old 06-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Puppy Dog

finally, here's a pic... why can't I get them smaller???