What type is it?

richards

My husband & I are looking into adopting a pet. We're thinking about getting a small dog. Small enough to have in our apartment and small enough for my daughter to play with. I am very fond of this dog below, however, I have no idea what breed he may be. Is anyone familiar with this?

Rose's Gal

Yep, most definitally a Yorkshire Terrier. (Or maybe a Silky Terrier.....) But be forewarned: Yorkies are delicate. Especially a pup. I don't know how young your daughter is, but if she is younger than 6 (or doesn't know how to respect a dogs space and how to play very gentley), you might want to rethink getting a Yorkie.

Allyse718

I want 2 b a dog 4 a day
If you aren't worried about price, and if you truly want a SMALL dog, I would go for a miniature yorkshire terrier. My friend has one and it stays as small as a normal size yorkshire terrier pup... about the size in that picture you posted, just a weee bit bigger.

Allyse718

I want 2 b a dog 4 a day
Also, don't know why I didn't post this in the first place, there are plenty of great yorkies in shelters across the United States. I have no clue where you live, but if you go to petfinder.com you can search there for your dog in your state.

joce

You'll probally want to stay away from "mini" anything. HTey are often sickly and probally won't be the best for a kid to play with. Consider something else too if our child is younger than 6/7 especially if they really want a dog to play with. A lot of yorkies I know just are not the playing type.

Beaglegal

I would say the pict that you have posted is 90% silky terrier...my cousin has one that looks like that...cute little dog but is quite possessive and barks alot..i would say that she is definitely easier to tame than my beagle...LOL

Members online

No members online now.