Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Rescue Forum

Old 04-04-2005, 12:36 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Default Fido Finder

i haven't had a chance to write this yet, and would have rather just posted the e-mail they sent me but i don't know how and will have to figure that all out later....but this is what happened....someone saw my post about Shaffer at petsaver.com...saw what they thought was a match when they were looking at Fido finder..informed fido and fido e-mailed me within an hour..thought that all terribly efficient and way to go Fido. ended up not being a match but it could have been and that was good work for Fido.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:50 PM
Big Mutts

So your mom decided not to take him? Or is she thinking about it and Fido is another option?
Old 04-04-2005, 06:45 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Nooo. this was before we knew the owner had passed away and were still looking for the owner...guess i wasn't clear, to much hurry hurry today..i had posted shaffer at petsavers.com and lost dog found dog. i hadn't gotten to fido finder yet. Someone looking at one of the sites i had listed shaff as found dog saw my post..then they must have gone on to fido finder and saw a lost dog with the closest zip code. They e-mailed fido finder my address from the other website..and then fido finder e-mailed me..all with in about an hour's time. I was very impressed. Mom is getting attached to Shaffer. We have agreed tho that if someone calls and wants to adopt both Shaff and Medear, his sister at the shelter, it would be best for Shaff to go to the new owner, otherwise i think he has a home. mom cannot manage at 80 years old and raising a 5 year old to take on 2 young dogs..(and babysitting mine), That would simply be too much.