Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Active Pup

Question Need input for new resource site

Hi-

I am the proud parent of 2 small chihuahuas that were recued from the pound and a rescue group. As a lifelong dog lover I was destroyed by the loss last Mother's day of my 8 yr old chi-pom mix to an unidentifiable disorder that 2 vet hospitals could not diagnose after several weeks and $4,000. in bills. had not lost a dog to illness and never so dramatically as this painful experience.

I am planning and designing a resource site dedicated to:

1) Dog Longevity- focused on nutrition and preventative healthcare

2) Information on how to pick the perfect dog for any family...encouraging saving pets/dogs from shelter, rescue groups etc.

3) Educational material on planing for every stage of a dog's life from 1st day to senior living and how to deal with loss of a loved one

Anyway, these are my areas of interest and where I have some knowledge ....I would appreciate any input as to topics or information that anyone feels would be helpful to families and individuals as they plan for a new family member and proceed to a life of love and companionship

Thank you for taking time to read and perhaps give your thoughts

B.Jim