I saw the neighbor lady shoot my dog!

enricque1

When I was 4 and my sister was 6 (1971 long time ago),we lived in a small town and we had been walking our dog Pepper, a rat terrier. He wanted to stop and smell the roses if you will at the old neighbor ladies house down the street. Well, to make long story short, she stepped out of her back door with a .22 rifle and aimed right in our direction and shot our dog Pepper just like that! No regard for our safety and of course we were terribly upset that our little dog was now murdered right in front of us. Something I will never forget!
Enrique

BagelDog

Not crazy...
Thats awful! Im sorry you had to see that, that people can be so heartless, and that you lost your little dog, no matter how long ago.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
we had a neighbor like that when i was about 9 or 10.shot my friend Lisa's cat for walking in their garden and put it on her porch dead. She was a few years older than me..i wasn't quite as good about not retaliating back then so i rode my horse thru their "perfect" yard and jumped the little fence at the end. They use to yell at me for walking on the edge of the ditch where the road was cooler (never wore shoes in the summer) and shot at my dog and me with a pellet gun.They never did know quite where i lived because when they followed me i went a different way home. mean old man is still there. It takes a lot not to show disgust when i run into him at the post office but he is older than dirt so i leave it alone..what good would it do to say something to him now. I am so sorry u had to see that at such a young age. What did your parents do?

scob89

DILLIGAF?
I would have been yelling at that lady so bad and kicking out her roses until there was none left in the garden.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
they said they were seeding their lawn..and we were walking on the grass shoots which we were not..just on the cool side of the asphalt where the water was running down from where another neighbor was watering. i have had the pleasure of seeing in 30 years that no good grass ever grew there. Walked passed it every day on my way to school. I wonder how that situation would have been handled in today's world..i didnt even tell my mother, didnt want to upset her, she was so busy and tired all the time.

Barb04

Super Moderator
It's horrible to think there are people like that out there. I'm grateful for where I live that I have good neighbors.

BigDog2191

Big German Shepherd
I would've done something terrible if somebody did that to Rocky. I seriously don't know how I would've handled that situation, probably in a bad manner. But, I'm sorry you had to go through that.

What an awful thing to have to carry with you all your life! Just know that those deeds will come back to her - if they haven't already. I'm afraid, though, if I'd been your parent, life would have become very, very miserable for her in short order - shooting your pup and endangering your lives at the same time! Both are equally terrible in my view.

i was about 4 or 5 and one of my neighbors lit my cat on fire. my mom found the cat. i had gotten her when i was just a baby. we grew up together, i always fed her and made sure that she had water. my mom promised that i could get another cat but i was to busey crying to really respond.

Doberluv

Oh boy! That's awful. I'm so sorry. I'm afraid I'd tend toward ripping apart her roses in the middle of the night. Snip, snip, snip into a million pieces, maybe hiring someone to rip her face off too. Yup, I wonder how it would be these days. She'd probably get into some big trouble. She could have killed you as well.

lilly

its soo sad!i would of been cryin my eyes out!my uncles a cop so i would of arrested that lady!and that man!i would arrest any 1 that shot an annimal for no aparent reason!

mrose_s

BusterLove
what a bit*h, ive never heard of anything like that before. Did she just not like dogs or did yours stop, smell and pee onth roses??

i do feel for you. And i wish you never had to go through that... plus, i doubt your dog deserved that

that makes me SO :mad::mad::mad:

Members online

No members online now.