Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 05-05-2006, 07:29 PM
overdogged

i never do luce's. well, i do her dewclaws once in awhile. hers just stay short for whatever reason.

mushroom's i do every 3-4 weeks. it used to be a huge fight but the power of peanut butter conquered that.
Old 05-14-2006, 02:53 AM
Big Dog

I try to do them every week.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:01 PM
Top Dog

Whenever they seem long. I don't do them though. We just take a ride to the vets and they do it for about five bucks.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:10 PM
Big Dog

mine get them done 1-3 times a week.
Old 05-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Twin 2.0

About every two weeks or so. Aubrey's used to be about once a month because she squirms so much, but since I've discovered that if she's tied like she's standing on a grooming table she'll stand still, I've been doing it about every two weeks. Lots of praise helps too.

I'm not quite comfortable enough with a Dremel and the dogs freak out about the noise.
Old 05-15-2006, 12:36 AM
Quigleyfied

I have to keep up with Quigley's nails very closely, or they get out of control - true terrier monster claws. It took me quite some time to get them to a more normal length after adopting him.

I try for at least twice a week if I'm not running him along the bike at least 3 times a week.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 05-15-2006, 12:49 AM
F150 and a .30-06

We do Jazz's with the Dremel every 3-4 days. Just a quick touch to keep the growth down.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 05-15-2006, 02:23 PM
and Fozzie B!

Gonzo also wears his nails down running. However, they can get chipped/uneven from wear, so I clip them usually once a week - after he gets a bath when they're soft. I learned a trick from grooming, for black nails. If you shine a flashlight through the bottom, you can usually see the pink of the quick. Gonzo has half black nails, half white, so I just guage how short the black nails should be by comparison =)

I'm training Fozzie to enjoy clipping atm. He has clear nails, thank gawwwwd. Each time I clip a nail and he sits still, he gets a treat, praise, and a break. Then, in a few minutes, I move on to the next nail. It is time consuming... but hopefully this will make his nail trimmings as an adult much easier.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie