Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 03-29-2005, 10:22 AM
Active Pup

Default Should I seek a new Vet.

A little while back we sent our dog to our Veterinarian/Boarder as we were away for the week. When we returned and picked up our dog she has two round bumps on her ankles almost the size of a golf balls. Not sure if this was caused from sitting in a Kennal all day or what but this ticked me off.

How is it possible to miss to giant size bumps on a dogs ankles like this. There was no treatment and we were not told that they had observed this. Now since our Boarder is the same as our Vet. should i seek a new vet?
Old 03-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Felurian

I'd definitely consider that seriously.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-29-2005, 10:29 AM
Dogs rule humans drool

in my opinion yes, they should of noticed this and wat u say it was clearly noticable, they were stupid not to do anyting or even let u know about it

Visit my website on www.freewebs.com/animalllover
Old 03-31-2005, 04:52 PM
Taco Dog

Yes. At work, we always have dogs or cats that are boarding. Some for weeks. Dogs are walked twice a day. Both the dogs and cats are given plenty of love, attention, litter where it applies, food, and water. They are placed in runs according to their size. ie- Toy Poodles or Chihuahuas get the small cages and are held or taken out more. Labs or Rotties get a 10x5 & 1/2 run and taken out twice a day and loved on a lot. The vet should have noticed this problem Actually, it should have never happened in the first place. I am sorry about your dog and hope she gets better!

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 03-31-2005, 04:54 PM
Don't encourage me..

Yeah, I would go to a new Vet!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 03-31-2005, 05:26 PM
Not crazy...

Yes! A vet has the littlest amount of a good excuse for somthing like that! Their supposed to examine and keep dogs healthy and bump free. Out of everyone, a vet should notice large bumps on a dog the easiest and quickest.

Buster, 11 weeks
Old 03-31-2005, 09:20 PM
Active Pup

As soon as you picked up your dog where the bumps there? If so they had to see them that day. Or chances are befor that day if they were allready the size of golf balls! I would defintley change vets and boarding. You can search google.com for vets and boarding in your area.
~!~Mandy~!~
Old 04-01-2005, 12:09 PM
Top Dog

Not only would I look for a new vet..but I would go and talk to him personally...

tell him about the lousy service and the condition your dog came in back home..and that you'll be warning other "potential customers" of the lack of care he provides for his visitors...you could be helping alot of other dogs and their owners so that they don't have to go through the same thing in the future...
Old 04-01-2005, 01:39 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

better business B..can't remember how to spell it is a good place to report.
I know of a vet that let his own dog's collar grow into his neck..his little girl told me all about it. so i wouldn't go there for love nor money. I also know the vet that charged me my allowance for every animal i drug into his hospital when i was growing up..turltes and baby ducks,,racoons and wild rabbits..he told me once of a collie that had been hit on the road and he stopped to help..the dog bit him and died with his jaws firmly in the vet's arm...i had just been bitten trying to "help" He was the best!!!!! and now retired. Finding a vet is as important as finding a good doc for yourself..something that is getting harder and harder to do.