Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2004, 03:26 AM
Dog Spoiler

Exclamation Problems with my golden retriever..HELP!

I have been having problems with my pure bred Golden Retriever

Problem 1.
My dog growls at all any people that come over. He never bites people but will always growl and scare my friends. What can I do about this? I think that this might be the result of bad breeding but both his parents were not at all agressive and they both seemed to be great dogs. I know that this is a huge flaw in a golden retriever's personality because they are normally nice to everyone.

Problem 2.
My dog will always tug on the leash. I have tried choke chains but all they did was make my dog suffocate himself by pulling so hard. Can anyone give me some training tips because this is probably a very common problem.

Problem 3.
My golden retriever always bothers my dachshund who is 6 years old. Every waking moment revolves around him bothering the dachshund. I can't recall any time when I didn't see them wrestling or something. I worry about their rough playing because the dachshund doesn't seem to be enjoying it and I am worried about him getting spinal injuries.

Thank You in advance for the help and tips.