Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Show Dog

Default AKC registering?

Since i'm a first time owner or two dogs, one being mixed and the other being purebred. i was wondering if i could register my purebred pup Ginger (yorkshire terrier - 4 Months old as of now).

I read the site, but i don't really understand it. plus when i bought her the guy didn't register the litter so i don't know how i can go about registering Ginger.

Can anyone in laymens terms give me advice or information about AKC and stuff like that? is it really necessary? any advice would help!
Old 03-30-2005, 03:54 PM

the breeder registers the litter, then gives you the necessary papers. I never bothered sending Hammie's papers in to AKC...just my personal opinion, but I didn't care about it. I'm not breeding him, or showing him so I just didn't see the point. He knows he's purebred, so I figured he didn't need to read all the paperwork..LOL Where did you buy your dog...perhaps they have what you need?
Old 03-30-2005, 04:02 PM
Show Dog

I bought Ginger from a friend of a friend sorta deal. Had her health records and everything, except he didn't register the litter and he told me she wasn't registered lol..

i really have no idea lol
Old 03-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

i reg. brownie but we didnt bother with kayko i agree with debi there no need i already ruined them by getting the neutered to no showing or breeding
Old 03-30-2005, 04:08 PM
Show Dog

Well I do want to breed Ginger only once before i get her Spayed. So i don't know if i need her to be registered to do that before i get her spayed?

It's so addicting to get a doggie! .. I have 2 now.. I want another one!! ..
Old 03-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Dog Spoiler

Hmmmmm.... I'm almost certain that the breeder registers and sends the papers to you. You'd probably want to check with the breeder. My dogs have their papers but now I regret it. I should have spent it on chew toys. That piece of paper is useless unless you decide to breed your dog.

-Jon
Old 03-31-2005, 03:00 AM
Show Dog

i see..

well i can't get a hold of the breeder .. i dont think i'm going to be breeding her on a regular basis or anything so i don't think im going to register her.

thanks everyone!
Old 03-31-2005, 08:19 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i am such a bummer, but i just gotta say it..why are you going to breed her once before you spay? If it is "for her health" i would hope that you would research into that further. I am guilty of having two oops litters during a very poor time in my life when i should not have had dogs if i couldn't get them spay on time. I was able to take care of my pups and place them in good homes, i was lucky. I had lots of family that took a pup too. If you want another pup..why not save one that is already born and in crisis. I would post onelitter, but have done that many times in the recent days so i figure you have seen it, if you haven't i would glady post it again.