Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 04-16-2006, 12:26 AM
Active Pup

Default Broken haired grooming question

Ok I have an airedale terrier , and well I;m starting grooming her really seriously for the show.
well I had problems with haire to grow up ( legs, and mustache).
They told me that if I bross her every day and spray her a solution of 1 part of conditionner ( human one) mixed with 3 parts of water , that can help the hair grow faster.
They told me too that science diet is not good for long haired breeds. I change to eukanuba.
do you really think that's help ? and it's not bad to the hair making that every day ????

Other question:
They told me that for the jacket I can clean it with alcohol ... I didn't try I was a bit afraid about it ...
They told me to claena the jacket with dishes soap , but only puting the soap and moving with a bross into the hair without water ... ( I wash my pointer with that , but puting a lot of water)
I really don't trust people that's why i prefear ask , before having bad results!
I never wash my terrier jacket but this last time she's very smelly ... So that's why I would like to know.
Before I used to wash her with a special wire haired shampoo , but it was worst the hair were so soft after.

Thank for help!
choose her pic ( lola)
put down your email ,
you will get a mail for valid the vote!
Thnks