Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-26-2005, 10:12 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

if it were just mary..i would understand. i use to play motor boat motor boat with them when they were wee babies...they would float on my palm.but i remember the night of Vic's first bath and it was no joy..now you should see him..actually i did take pics just haven't had them developed. i washed Jims dogs too once a week and Annie..took a bit..i sang her baby songs and massaged her as i rubbed the soapy water tru her fur..after that she ran to the tub when i showed up. so i must be doing something right. Taty did fall asleep once her nose dunked right into the water..oh taty was just a love. I had a gallon jug i had cut the top off but still had the handle for rinsing..i was running the water slowly down her back..she started to nod..and dunk.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:49 AM
Top Dog

Princess

number 1: taking a bath.
Having a fence between her and her friends.
Required supervision outside due to her breaking and entering, she has to have very limited time outside.
Company not playing with her or showing any interest in the toys she brings them
People parking in front of our house but not coming to our house! She'll look out the window and bark at the parked car!
The cats refusal to play with her
Being left home when we are going somewhere she cant go
Trying to play fetch with her when she wants to play tug of war
Old 03-26-2005, 11:26 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

She and Victor share that last one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!He's not allowed to play tug anymore..he is just too intense on winning.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:01 PM
Top Dog

Thats why we stopped the tug of war. She has alot of strength and is going to win even if she has to lay on her back and push her legs agaisnt ours, I laugh because its like she's trying to cheat! We make her drop it then toss it. She'll run to get it 3 or 4 times then when she knows we wont play tug of war she makes this complaining noise and goes off to lay down. She's just to strong.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:05 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

when vic turns loose.it is to pounce for a better grip..hand or no hand around it! We do not do that game anymore..frisbee effects him the same way..the day he jumped up twisted and came down on the back of his neck was the day i put the frsibees away..we will stick with balls. He will retrieve forever but no one is to throw it until he drops it and backs away..and sits..i had to teach Hyia to put her foot on the ball first and say NO..then reach down and get the ball.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:10 PM
Don't encourage me..

Gus hates:
Baths

Clapping - drives him mad

Door to door salesmen

Alain- man who lives down the road! Have no idea why! But he never washes so maybe that's it, plus he rides a moped with a trailer attached full of milk churns with water in them. Oh yeah and he's like a living gnome!

Thunder - scares him

Fireworks - ditto

And that's all I can think of at the mo.

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 03-26-2005, 08:29 PM
Big German Shepherd

Rocky's Pet peeves:

1) Taking baths (he hates those with a passion).
2) Not devoting every second of my life to giving him attention.
3) When he's taking a nap and I stroke his back, he moans and moves away. lol
4) Whenever I say NO!

That's about it!
Old 03-26-2005, 08:35 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Victor moans when the teenagers are too loud and wake him up..boy can he shoot a look! He doesn't like his sleep disturbed either.