Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-25-2005, 08:15 PM
no touchy

My dogs and I play a lot, but poking they don't like. Say you're standing at the checkout line in the grocery, and suddenly someone behind you that you don't even know just POKES you?? They'd be getting a black eye from me !
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 03-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Top Dog

LOL, Gaddy! Me too! No one likes to be poked! I just cracked up at the image of you in the grocery store and someone poking you, so you turn around and deck them! That would be hilarious.
Old 03-26-2005, 05:35 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

I hate hate hate to be poked..is there nothing in this world more annoying?
Old 03-26-2005, 06:55 PM
mostly ignored...

I know how you feel bigdog! I have 6 teenaged (at risk) boys in my house and for a while I thought Sunny really loved them more but it IS because they let him get away with murder, nipping, eating junkfood, playing tug of war (a BIG nono in this household). Of COURSE he enjoys being with them. It's like getting a trip to Grandmas house (if your grandma spoils you anyway ). I don't let the boys play with him now, unless I am right there and I will take him away and put him in his room with his toys if they play rough with him. One way or another they have to learn that I am not trying to raise a dog that will fight (which some of them do I found out. makes me sick) Don't tolorate someone treating Rocky a way you wouldn't. He is YOUR pup. And don't give into the "you're being soooo overprotective" line because it just isn't true. Bottom line, your puppy, your rules. You have a right to be annoyed. Just make sure you TELL your friend that in a calm manner later on. Who knows, maybe he'll actually get it if you say it when Rocky isn't around to distract him. Good luck. Give Rocky a belly rub for me
Old 03-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Big German Shepherd

Yeah, thank you for all your help.