Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Diggy415

Default Came Upon this once......

Seeing how im new im crusing around the forums and found this one I had to respond too. I agree with not allowing your dog to wander even if your out in the country, ranchers will protect their livestock and I live in a 250 sub division with ranchers all over. A neighbor allowed their shephard dog to wander into this other neighbors yard that had goats and horses and small dogs and children all behind appropriate fences. The owner met with the other one and called me over as a witness, should the dog be allowed to wander in their yard again, it will be shot on sight and not returned. Stubborn headed didn't listen and now there is one less dog in the world. Even though the dog wasn't in harms mode to any of the animals, the owner didn't like it and warned the dog owner. I clapped with glee what had happened and although i don't own livestock, I can't shoot any animals,(i would if law allowed) but i bring the dog to the shelter and if it still becomes loose, then I take care of it. People even in the country need to wise up and get rid of your animals if you think you own the country side. You are unaware of the annoyance your animals pose on others.