Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 06-26-2004, 10:07 AM

Default eating grass.....question

Both dogs will eat grass....do they eat the grass BECAUSE they are ill and maybe trying to settle their stomache..or do they get sick BECAUSE THEY ATE THE GRASS??? Doesn't happen often........but I notice Addie eating grass and for whatever reason, I realize she is not feeling well when she does it. This is never a situation where she is very ill...actually she will seem to be ok shortly after, but the grass does make her vomit slightly sometimes????
Old 06-26-2004, 11:43 AM
aka RedHotBabe

I think it's the first situation you mentioned. They eat it because they don't feel good and want to rid their system of whatever is causing the problem. Duke on the other hand, he must just like the taste. He'd mow the whole lawn if I let him.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:18 AM
Big Dog

my golden eats grass all the time too... i haven't noticed her throwing up or anything after it, so i think she just likes the taste... i dunno but i'm guessing it canna depends on the dog. i've seen other dogs that eat grass and lose their lunch shortly, so i'm thinking it can mean multiple things... hope you figure it out!!
Old 06-28-2004, 05:16 PM
Felurian

It's hard to be sure why a dog is eating grass. My Filas graze, and there are certain kinds of grass they seem to prefer. Bimmer, on the other hand, rarely eats grass, but when he does, it's always those long, slightly furry blades that tickle his throat until he throws up.

I really wouldn't worry too much about the grass eating, though.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Active Pup

Wink

My dog just eats grass if she excited or bored! lol. We call her a cow dog! lol. And she seems to like the nice tall grass.( espically when its extra tall in the backyard she's are lawnmoer lol) But she never thrown up or anything. And she seems to like it better then her dog food! lol But we don't let her eat it much, just in case. She only eats it when she sneaking it in the backyard when we are'nt watching! lol

*J*B*

Last edited by *Jadie*Bear*; 06-30-2004 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Can't Spell!
Old 07-02-2004, 04:11 PM
Active Pup

I've noticed that Buddy tends to eat grass too. He's never thrown up, though, and I've never noticed him to seem ill. So, it's okay to let him eat some since it doesn't seem to be doing him any harm? I was wondering about that.
Old 07-02-2004, 06:14 PM
Felurian

Perfectly okay. Hey, a guy needs some green stuff in his diet anyway!