Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 03-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Show Dog

Default Anyone heard of Artemis?

Today at my local pet store, where i bought Oreo and Ginger innova for the first time, the lady at the counter gave me samples of Artemis - Osopure. It's a holistic approach to dog food.

was wondering if anyone has put their pup on this type of food.. the lady at the counter said it is good for small breed puppies like mine.. sooo i'd just like to know if it's worth buying.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Island dweller

I've never heard about it but I read about it on Mordy's site. www.mordanna.com/dogfood

Looks pretty good from what I can see.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:05 AM
Quigleyfied

it's a good quality food. very similar to canidae.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 03-22-2005, 01:35 PM
Show Dog

I had just bought a whole bag of Innova yesterday... but Ginger will not touch it! .. so i tried the samples of Artemis, and she absolutely adores it! she gobbled it up in a second!

Oreo on the other hand eats anything! so i don't know! is there anyway i can get her to eat the innova? or should i just switch the both of them on Artemis.. I think they like it because they are smaller than Canidae & Innova.

But i'm definately NOT going to put her back on Eukanuba (thats what the breeder gave me) .. and they are the same size as Artemis..

But I have a whole bag i spent 11 dollars on that I don't want to go to waste.. Should I try to get them to eat it? or should I just Give it to My Uncle who I gave Roxie to? (I think she's on Nutro )
Old 03-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Island dweller

You could try wetting it. My dogs love to have their food wet.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:53 PM
Show Dog

I'll try that! i Know Oreo loves his foot wet, I had to do that with the Canidae... hopefully she'll like it too!
Old 03-22-2005, 02:20 PM
Island dweller

They probably will. My cat didn't like innova at first (when I lived in Vancouver and it was easy to find) but I wet it and then she ate it.
Old 03-23-2005, 12:37 AM
Show Dog

I tried wetting the food.. Oreo didn't like it lol (that's a first) and Ginger totally smelled it and jumped back in horror! gaahh i don't know wha tto do.. she hates it.. wet or dry!
Old 03-23-2005, 01:20 AM
Felurian

Sometimes they will get stubborn when you change foods, and like some of us, some dogs tend to like the taste of junk food better than the good stuff, and the Eukanuba was definitely junk food! Sometimes it just takes out-waiting them. They won't let themselves starve - try dividing Oreo's portion between his bowl and Ginger's bowl and watch how quickly Ginger decides she'd better start eating her food when Oreo steals "her" food - really the other half of his - out of her bowl!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-23-2005, 12:09 PM
Show Dog

This morning.. I mixed a little bit of the eukanuba and innova together.. and i wet it a little bit.. and she ate it.. well she's eating a little bit of the innova, but like poking them around to find the eukanuba pieces lol and oreo is just wanting to eat all of her food lol