Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2005, 12:43 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

April First will be the day i found Victor. Bronki had been dead for a few weeks and i thought mary and i were going to fall apart...i went to petfinder..not the shelter because i was just looking around.i didn't even have the money to afford to adopt from the local shelter...i called..the number "had been disconnected" i cried. THought it was the sickest april fools joke ever. Called Kelly and she said don't give up..keep trying. So i called the town he was posted in (it wasn't my town) and i tried the sherriff there, no help, and then i called the only vet..they were closed. There he was on my screen. I cried some more, i wanted Bronki so bad i felt like broken glass. Kelly called..she had tried a fund raiser number that went with Save_Our_Strays and found Connie Guthrie's number. I told her my tale of woe, and that i could trade some artwork for fundraisers..that Mary and i needed a baby to love before we broke up entirely. I called and she offered to DRIVE THE DOG TO MY HOME..it was an hour or better..i said no..that was ok, i would come. I did and that is how Victor came to me. This is the fourth dog i have adopted from a shelter. Not one was a biter. Trudy..now old. belongs to my Mom. She looks exactly like a fox..most people think that she is. PetFinders..is nation wide. Give it a try next time.