cat chasing and big eyed pointers

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Here you go Saje...tell Mikey he is in peril messing with those cats! I thought cats humped their back when they hissed like this, but after studying the photograph that i took of these guys..i learned ohhhhhh my babies are in danger! The cat was raised up on one foot..with the other free to swing a roundhouse pokey punch..the hind legs were readly to spring into the slap too!
The second is something i dreamed one night and had to get up long enough to sketch it because i knew if i didn't i would forget it in the morning... :D

Attachments

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Franki..the little dark brother of Bronki has his eyes just like Victor's when he runs into the night and freezes into a point!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
one is just a sketch..not a finish..the other is a painstaking magnifying glass and photo rendering where i try to be as exact as possible. it is very hard and takes a long long time with a number 03 lead to get good fur and sharp detail around the eyes.

Saje

Island dweller
Somehow missed this thread!

Those were wonderful! Renee is SO right. You are very talented. I love them! I can't choose a favourite. They are both different and wonderful. They remind me of something but I can't grasp it yet.

Thanks for sharing. Those are so beautiful. You must have a house full of art! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
They are both my gentle wonderful Bronki..i am glad you like him/them..i miss him so badly.
truth be told..i have only one painting on the wall, it is one i did of mary frrm life, not a photo. If i had the other's up..i would be lulled into a sense of accomplishment and not the drive of having nothing done...most are sold to feed the ranch..a few are in storage..most are in the puter and on discs. I do think it would be nice to have other peoples art..and am thinking if i ever get out of the poor house..i might just like to do that. attached is a partial scan..there is more of her chest and lots of blue around her.it is a large (twice life size) painting. her ears are down because she didn't understand why i kept saying >.look at me dear! Took months of a glimpse at a time to get right. We sat in the same spot where the sun lit up her eyes.

Attachments

Saje

Island dweller
Aww that's neat. That's such a nice pic. I'm glad you are able to draw them. I think it's better than a pic in someways. You can put your emotion into it. Capture it the way you saw things. :) And that's more real than a pic.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
It was hard to finish that last one with the cat. I found out he had cancer when i was half way thru..and had him put to sleep right away..i knew his chances of surviving were nil, the tumour was quite large and there were several smaller ones including one in his throat that made him cough . He was fine a month before so it was a rapidly spreading cancer as well. I messed up on Mary a little which is a shame, i had gotten to dark with the background and didn't think when i put her in the same..should have kept her grayer like the cat..anyway there it was hanging from the wall half done..and he was gone. I finished it ducking tears away from the paper. this one i will keep for me. I would rather have him a zillion times over, but it has his smile...he meant that cat no harm at all..he actually adored cats, the big silly. He would have just nuzzled it's head..but mary now would have liked a little chase!

Members online

No members online now.