Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-19-2005, 03:28 AM
Big German Shepherd

I see... wow, this is kind of all new to me. But I tried to do as much research as I could before getting him-- I'm glad I did, it's kinda paying off. Preparation is the key . I'm going to keep in mind that he's still a puppy, he's been doing great with the exception of a few accidents now.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:32 AM
Felurian

You've done a WONDERFUL job of preparing for Rocky. There are just some things you have to experience first hand, though; like the great loving heart these dogs have - and their ability to make mischief! You've been warned, lol. They're smart, clever and quite imaginative!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-19-2005, 09:37 AM
no touchy

Remember he's a baby. I'm sure he'll grow more and more attached to you. He's a GSD, right? Talk about loyal ! He may love your family members, but he'll love and want to be with you, too.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 03-19-2005, 06:43 PM
Puppy Dog

If you don't want your pup to nip just say NO, NO BITING and then give her the chance to do it again, if she does it again then you say NO NO BITING again.

I always give my dog to make a mistake again right after i tell her not to so i can make sure she understands, after 2-3 times she gets the idea.

I found my pup didn't play much when i kept saying no biting but then i decided to let her and her bite is soo soft now (she is 5 months) when i put my hand in her mouth when we are playing her teath hardly touch my hand.

Your dog acting the way she does NORMAL, I got mine 3 months ago and went through everything your saying, when she got to ignoring me i done the same to her and she ran to me after a week every time i moved.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:22 PM
Big German Shepherd

Yeah... I hope it works...
Old 03-19-2005, 10:52 PM
Top Dog

You have done a wonderful job geting ready for this new addition. You have to realize that this is an adjustment for the both of you. I think its a little to early to get overly concerned with Rocky's behavior. Its a new environment for him also, as well as it is for you. Just don't worry so much and let the 'getting to know you' (sort to say) period play out. Dogs CAN and will pick up on any worry emotions that you have. As a puppy, Rocky is probably just try to get to know you all and where he fits in.

Just keep giving the love your giving him!