Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Big Dog

ooh.. chase eats purina.. if thats not good for him what is??

and i am taking him to the vet.. but i have t ait till tue - wend. they havent confirmed yet and there appeared to be some sort of grissel or something in his last stool and i think my dad gave him a bone yesterday.. could that b it.. him havin a hard time getting that bone out?? thats sounds weird but could that rly be it lol?? thnx.. raymond
Old 03-18-2005, 09:30 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

if it was a bone..it is probably to late to do this, but if i know my dogs got a bone by accident i give them many many slices of bread..the bread packs around thebone and you hope it protects the intestines as it passes thru. As long as you are not seeing blood and the puppy is acting normal there would be no emergency..if you do see blood and the puppy's eye's looked pained then you have a emergency. All bones in my opinion are not worth the risk..cooked bones are the worst for the heat changes the structure of the bone making it brittle and sharp, plus hard to break down. Please tell Dad no more bones ever. I even keep a jar in the fridge for when (and we almost never do) have bones then i put it in the trash like that to protect the stupid neighbor dog that is roaming each and every trash nite.
Old 03-19-2005, 09:04 AM
Big Dog

okay will do thnx.. and there haSNT BEEN NE BLOOD AND HE DOESNT SEEM STUCK UP NE MORE AND WITH BREAKFATS THIS MORNING HE IDDNT BLOAT.. SO I THINK HES FINE .. BUT STILL TAKING HIM TO THA VET WEND TO B SURE LOL THNX..