Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 03-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Bella Boo Bear's Mommy

I have just a couple of things to say.

Just becouse an animal is netured doesn't mean they don't have the pleasure, I have seen many of my male cats enjoy themselves on a pillow(as disjusting as it is, and I have always felt sorry for the poor pillow) But as for girl dogs, I am sure that is they knew, they would kinda be thankful. What woman wouln't like to get rid of that monthly vistor?

I cant consider fixing and animal as mutliation. If my parents had my tonsils removed at a young age(as some be do) to prevent illness later on, would they be mutilating me? Sure, there is nothing wrong with them at the time, but why take the risk? It isnt like you are cutting off a leg, the dog will relise something is wrong. Fluffy isn't going to lie awake at night listening to her biological clock and seeing dancing puppies.

Another thing is the sexist arugement, "boys don't have puppies, why should they be fixed" just like the teenage girls get the rap for having the babies. having and unfixed male, cause accidents can happen, you never know. Personality, I wouldn't want the responsiblity of knowing I could have been at fault for puppies dieing....

But...as bad as it sounds...and as hard as it is to explain, I think something would kinda be missed in a world of only the top 1% of dogs being breed. Everyone would have a breed. I love muts, they are so unique, I mean, my adult is 5 years old, 110 pound burly long haired dalimation like ball of fuzz, sheds like a blizzard, but has spots. wonderful dog, and I have never seen another one like her. We were told my puppy is st bernard boxer, but I don't know, I just know is adorable and the she is going to be big. I love her. I guess what I am getting as, sometimes, I i like the supize of a mutt litter. When I was younger, my mother worked for a vet, and they woul get pregenant animals brought is to be euthnized all the time....She would bring them home, we would raise the litter and the give them away to friends and family(and keep one or so~.^) It was always kinda exciting, cause you just never knew what would get....
Old 03-11-2006, 10:51 PM
rottiegirl

I actually think its cruel in a way for NOT neutering males. They can become very sexually frustrated. I have seen a frustrated dog, and it doesnt look nice. They look horrible.

Imagine not being able to have sex your entire life!
Old 03-12-2006, 03:28 AM
Dobiegurl

I had Chico neutered as soon as I could. I have a question though. When I grow up I do plan on breeding (a LONG time from know) but I plan on showing dogs first and be able to spend time with Dobermans. I plan on getting a male Doberman to show but I cannot neuter him to participate in conformation. So what do I do then? (not being sarcastic just curios).

Evetually I will breed but after I spend many years in the "dog" world and around my favorite breed. I think its a very dificult position when you do not plan on breeding your show dog (at that time in your life) but you cannot nueter/spay your dog.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:29 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottiegirl
I actually think its cruel in a way for NOT neutering males. They can become very sexually frustrated. I have seen a frustrated dog, and it doesnt look nice. They look horrible.

Perharps you are right. My point is just that this is not a black and white issue. And if some people believe in not neutering and spaying, then great.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Dobiegurl

Just a thought
People on the other thread were saying if a dog was meant to have no tail then it would have been born like that. I do believe in neutering but many people may feel that you are messing with nature because they were born like that.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:56 PM
lovemypup

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottiegirl

i dissagree. they CAN become frustrated?.....they look horrible?........ok if you say so.....
i personally havent seen a frustrated not neutered male or one that looked horrible.
if you say that exsists then i believe you but that doesnt mean that every dog is gonna be sexually frustrated. so why neuter every dog and not just the ones that seem to suffer.....

but i dont really belive in the suffering actually.
in a dog pack only the alpha dog has the right to have sex, so are all the other dogs in the pack automatically frustrated??
having sex is the highest privilege in the dog world, way higher then "who is the first on the foodbowl".
with that said i think it is totally natural for a dog to be not neutered and not have sex because your dog shouldnt be the alpha.

experts even say that you should let your dog watch YOU having sex, specially if you got trouble with your leadership so he knows who has the right to mate and who is alpha.....

sorry, neutering doesnt make much sense to me. if a bodypart is healthy you shouldnt cut an animal open and rip it out......
just my opinion.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Bella Boo Bear's Mommy

What doesn't make since? Let's say you have and unneutured male dog...

You are careful, you keep you dog under lock and key. But dogs can excape, get lost if you are not going to breed it, why take the risk you dog will continue the problem of strays? Or even if you dog never leave the yard, another dog might get in. You have the male, so you may never hear about the stray who had the ten puppies.

As for the health, by the time it IS unhealthly, it is most likely alittle to late, why take the chance? Humans are differnt from dogs, they have a social need to continue their line. Once the puppies are out of the house, the mother dogs will never even think about it again, and the male might never even see them, in the first place.

As for "mutliation", what about boys who are circusised? Babies who have their tonsils removed? Is this mutilation? Then why is it mutilation to have a dogs reproductive organs removed for health reasons. Most females would have theirs out if they didn't at one time want to have kids I bet, no cancer and no period. Men are just to wrapped up in their own $*#! to get rid of them....

Lastly, the problem isn't usually the people who OWN unfixed dogs, they are the unfixed dogs that are strays, if they come in contact, the worst can happen. Personally I beleive all stays should be fixed and realeased in the wild. Until all stays are off the street leaveing a dog or cat unfixed is either taking on a HUGE resonsibility, or irresonsible, depending on the person.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:08 AM
lovemypup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Miyasa
What doesn't make since? Let's say you have and unneutured male dog...

You are careful, you keep you dog under lock and key. But dogs can excape, get lost if you are not going to breed it, why take the risk you dog will continue the problem of strays? Or even if you dog never leave the yard, another dog might get in. You have the male, so you may never hear about the stray who had the ten puppies.
there is no 100% security but 99.9%. outside my male is on a leash and i would never leave my dog in the yard without supervision and in that case,
sorry but i think i would realize if a dog would be ontop of mine or the other way round.
another thing is that males simply dont get pregnant. now dont call me ignorant. thats simply true. its the female that ends up with the puppys therfore its the owner of the bitch that needs to supervise. if you think thats to much work then dont get a female. it might not sound fair but who ends up with the puppys?
of course that doesnt mean that all male dogs should run at large or anything, no dogowner should let his dog run around free and without supervision.

while you think spaying is the quick fix for the stray puppy problem i simply call it animal cruelty.
then you might as well fix humans, after all there are more then enaugh orphans in this world......let alone the overpopulation of this world.
with humans nobody would think about it but everybody thinks doing it to dogs is ok......

Quote:
As for "mutliation", what about boys who are circusised? Babies who have their tonsils removed? Is this mutilation? Then why is it mutilation to have a dogs reproductive organs removed for health reasons. .
god, you cant compare apples with pairs.........seriously

Quote:
Most females would have theirs out if they didn't at one time want to have kids I bet, no cancer and no period. Men are just to wrapped up in their own $*#! to get rid of them.....
please tell me you are kidding.........i am a female and this has nothing to do with "male-pissing-contest-thinking". do you know how many problems a complete removal means for the person??? do you know how many medication you will have to take for the rest of your life, how many complications.....

that statement is rediculous, and i am tired of hearing it. you got a problem with your period, well guess what, some dont! and just trust me on this, you DONT wanna go through that surgery.

besides that i am convinced that spaying every single stray is not gonna help with the "abandoned puppy ending up in shelter and getting killed issue"

its the people who are the problem, not the dogs.
Old 03-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Quigleyfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by soft pawz
in a dog pack only the alpha dog has the right to have sex, so are all the other dogs in the pack automatically frustrated??
You are mixing up dog and wolf characteristics here that don't have anything to do with each other. Dogs are dogs and wolves are wolves. Especially since you brought up comparing "apples and pears", if you need a little help with the differences, check out this book:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/022...lance&n=283155
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 03-13-2006, 05:59 PM
lovemypup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordy
You are mixing up dog and wolf characteristics here that don't have anything to do with each other. Dogs are dogs and wolves are wolves. Especially since you brought up comparing "apples and pears", if you need a little help with the differences, check out this book:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/022...lance&n=283155
the behaviour of dogs is in many aspects still very similar to the behaviour of wolves. wolf and dog characteristics DO have something to do with each other, after all they share the same anchasters and are even able to mate!!

i think this is comparing a green apple to a red one and not comparing apples with pairs that dont have anything to do with each other like comparing a cirumcision to a major surgery........

studying the behaviour of wolves will tell you a lot about the behaviour of our pet dogs too. of course not 100% but i never said that.

but like with every subject, one expert says this, the other sees it totally different. everybody has to decide for themselfs what they think is more likely to be true.
even if it doesnt seem like it, i am always open for new arguments and information but so far nothing could really convince me why it is a good thing to spay your dog........

and i think it is true that there is still a lot of wolf and wolf like behaviour in our dogs ( and please believe me, i am not the only one saying so).