Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 03-08-2006, 08:25 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Default CKC PEN Number HELP Please

This is a quote from the Canadian Agility Team website about elegablity;
Quote:
Any dog with a valid Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) registration number including Miscellaneous Class but does not include Performance Event Numbers (PEN). Handlers must be a member of the CKC in good standing. Dog/Handler teams must participate and support CKC agility.
Emma is not CKC reg, but I am going to get her a Limited Regestration. Does this mean she is not elegable for worlds? Is Limited Reg, different than PEN?
Although worlds are in Oct. and Emma will be old enough to compete, Im not going to put in an aplication. She will be old enough in August, so there is not way she'd be ready.

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 03-09-2006, 02:29 AM
Loves off-leash training!

The Canadian Kennel Club website may help: www.ckc.ca

The PEN is a number they issue to dogs that are not registerable with CKC - like if I were to take one of my AKC registered dogs to Canada (which I have done in the past to show in obedience).

I'm not sure what a limited registration in Canada would mean, but if it's a registration I would expect that you would be okay. Limited registration for AKC means that you can't register off-spring from the dog. The breeder has to issue this.

It looks like you have to be a member of the Canadian Kennel Club in addition to owning a CKC registered dog.

Melanie and the gang in Alaska
Old 03-09-2006, 10:54 AM
F150 and a .30-06

Emma isnt elegable. Limited Regestration wouldnt cover it.

Malaine. with the CKC the breeder doesnt have to All litters are full CKC reg, with a non breeding agreement if nessisary

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 03-09-2006, 05:29 PM
Loves off-leash training!

Ahh, okay. I wasn't sure if CKC had a limited registration or not. I purchased my last dog from Canada and she came with a full registration. It was pretty easy to get her AKC registration from that. Now I can show her in both the U.S. and Canada without a problem.

My other dogs had to get a PEN for showing in Canada (two of them have CKC CD's).

Melnaie and the gang in Alaska