Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 03-16-2005, 09:01 PM
Border Collies R' Us

Default Peeing....?-Weird behavior

Well.....I have honestly never had a dog do this....I don't have the slightest bit of idea WHY the pup would be doing this ...

My 3 1/2 month old BC pup is housebroke. However....sometimes she pees on the basement floor (no carpet, just cement).......she proceeds to lick it up.....I can't imagine what would cause this behavior. I almost think she's trying to "get rid of the evidence" b/c she knows she's gonna get in trouble.

!!!*!!!!*?????
Any suggestions or ideas??
Old 03-16-2005, 09:39 PM
Island dweller

Wow. That is weird.

What are you feeding her? Hmm.

Well. I looked it up and found that other people have the same problem and it's just something they do. I don't know if that's true or not but that's all I found.

Maybe someone else will have better advice.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Border Collies R' Us

She's fed Ol' Roy High Performance....Just like my other BC's. Keeps weight on them...they lose weight on other stuff I've tried.

I can't figure it out....its SOOOO weird!
Old 03-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Island dweller

Wal-Mart's dog food? Well, that's not a quality product. You are bound to see more problems in the future (cancer, fur problems, allergies, ...) because of it.

As for the peeing thing. I agree. Weird! Dogs are weird. I don't know what to think of that. <shrugs>
Old 03-16-2005, 10:04 PM
Top Dog

I agree that the problem is probably nutritional. Animals that consume their own waste are frequently trying to recover some nutrients that may have gotten missed the first time through the digestion process. My Border Collie thrives on a raw meat & bones diet. There are several threads here about feeding raw, if you need some help getting started. If you're set on cooked dog food, buy Wysong, Wellness, or California's Natural. Don't ever buy more food than your dogs will eat in 2 months; the preservatives in the fat in cooked food break down and the food goes rancid after that.

Good luck! Let us know if the behavior changes with a diet change.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:34 PM
Border Collies R' Us

Thanks!
Old 03-17-2005, 09:11 AM
Felurian

Emma, you left out the Innova EVO - or even the regular Innova or other NaturaPet formulas.

The EVO is formulated to be very similar to a balanced raw diet.

I've seen dogs come very close to dying on Ol' Roy. They stay plump looking, but their internal organs aren't being supported by even marginally decent nutrition and although it's hard to see by looking at the outside of the dog, they are suffering from malnutrition. It doesn't happen to every dog that gets fed Ol' Roy, but it does happen.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian