Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2004, 12:45 PM
Active Pup

Thumbs down Need to Vent!

Today here in New Jersey it is pushing the 90 degree mark. While taking my Princess Petals for a walk with my daughter, we encountered 2 sweet little white dogs (I think Poodles of some sort). Anyway they were tethered to their balcony door slider. Obviously noone was home ! No food, and No Water! I stopped as did my Petals to play with them for a moment. They were laying directly in the sun and panting. My conscience would not let me dismiss the event. I went home and came back with 2 bowls full of icy cold water for the two doggies. I then went to their door trying to get the owners attention. No one home. I went home and went online and did a reverse lookup to get their phone number and called them. No answer or machine. I got aggravated at how hot it is and how these doggies are being mistreated. I called Animal Control and told them of the situation. I asked them to pleaseeeeeeeee contact the owners and make them take the dogs inside. They agreed to do so. I sure hope they find them soon, the doggies may not make it much longer as hot as it is. I do not want to bring them in my home as they appear sickly. Besides I don't want to be accused of Doggie Knapping! Some people should not be permitted to own ANYTHING let alone a defenseless animal. END OF RANT