Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2005, 06:46 PM
Puppy Dog

Default Peeing out of anger/jealousy?

Ok ... another question from me about potty training.

Here is what has been happening. I take Diego out to potty, 30 minutes later I let him back in. I am also potty training my daughter so I make many trips to the bathroom with her. Most of the time when my daughter is trying to go Diego is distracting her so I close the door to the bathroom and leave him in the kitchen and livingroom. I am only in there maybe 3-5 minutes and I come out to find that 8 times out of 10 he is peed on the floor somewhere! It only happens when I am in the bathroom with my daughter. He does fine all day long potty training otherwise. It just happened just now.. and I just let him in from outside.. .. Went to the bathroom to help my daughter potty and came out to find a big puddle on the living room carpet. He seems to be jealous.. He barks at the door when I close it.

He was doing great... no accidents at all for a couple of days .. then WHAM.. now all of a sudden he is having accidents.. again... I know I could stick him in his crate every time I go to the potty with my daughter but that is going to get old quick because that could be up to 10 times a day...LOL

Do you think he is angry with me or jealous? Why do u think he is doing this? Thanks for any advice you can offer me.