Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 02-15-2006, 10:57 PM
Top Dog

I don't watch my dogs chew their bones. Even if I did, I'm not sure I could tell if they swallowed a piece.
Old 02-16-2006, 10:30 AM
brock23

I always watch my dog eat his bones, but with that being said if I turn around for a moment and when I turn back the greenie is gone there is not much I can do about it. Believe me not every dog owner in the world is informed as a chazhound owner, but that doesn't mean that they are bad people because they don't watch every bone that goes into their dog's mouth.
Old 02-28-2006, 07:41 AM
Top Dog

Greenies to Change Dog Treat Packaging

Quote:
S&M NuTec, based in North Kansas City, also said Wednesday it may remove a claim that Greenies were fully edible, saying its own study shows a dog can only digest up to 85 percent of the bone-shaped treat.

“What we’re interested in is the safety of the dog,” Joe Roetheli, the company’s co-founder and chief executive, told reporters during a conference call.

Roetheli said the company planned to enlarge and expand wording on packaging that tells dog owners to carefully monitor their pets when feeding them Greenies, and make sure they feed their dogs the right size of treat. The company has long warned that dogs who gulp their food or otherwise do not adequately chew Greenies could have trouble digesting the treat, as could animals eating Greenies that are too big or too small for them.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/13937191.htm
Old 02-28-2006, 12:10 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom
Yeah, I read this when the KC Star ran the article. I'm trying to get work to quit carrying them; I found these dehydrated sweet potato slices yesterday where I buy my Innova from, and am looking into those as a possible replacement suggestion. It's nothing but sweet potato, no preservatives, no wheat, no corn, nothing. Just potato that's dry.
Hey Zoom can you tell me were you get those?
Thanks!