Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Island dweller

This must be what you mean Smkie. http://www.petpeoplesplace.com/Shopp...thercollar.htm

What is the purpose of the rolled leather? Is it stronger?
Old 03-10-2005, 08:28 PM
Island dweller

Well I seem to have found the answer to my own question. It seems that rolled leather collars don't chafe and break hair like flat collars. Do you find this to be true? Sounds good to me as Mav has tons of hair.
Old 03-11-2005, 05:47 AM
Big Dog

Lupine brand Martingale Collars. Guaranteed for life, no-slip collars.
Old 03-11-2005, 09:21 AM
Felurian

I found some good, non-stretchy, adjustable heavy, heavy duty nylon collars with metal clips for the girls. I found them at Target. We don't leave them on all the time because collars get caught on too many things on a farm, but when we go somewhere they've been really good, although I think I may go ahead and invest in a couple of large harnesses now that they're pretty close to full grown.

I've found the way most dogs get rid of their collars is by simply stretching them out; getting them caught on something, or with a pair like Maverick and Mikey, playing with each other and tugging on them. Buffy never would let Bimmer wear a collar. She'd take it right off of him.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-11-2005, 10:51 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

That is why i like the rolled collar. Bronki and Garg both had loads of loose skin. Garg would get a bit rediculous looking when it all got worked up above a standard collar..he looked down right silly and it couldn't have been comfortable. It is jus like a good watch band. You get what you pay for. That particular collar just lasted along time for me. Victor has no loose skin (tho it is pretty pink and soft as talcum) so he does were the other kind with a reflective strip down the middle. I don't worry so much about his getting lost now, but in the biginning of any dog i always make them wear the safety ones..the ones the headlights reflect. When i am more affluent..think that will ever happen? I will buy him the rolled one just cause i like them so.