Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 02-27-2005, 05:12 AM
Big Dog

Default Pugcasso!

David King is probably my favorite dog painter... His paintings are kind of surreal. His watercolors are my favorite.

I've bought several of his painting off ebay. And I'm only telling you about him if you promise not to outbid me in future auctions!

You can check out his artwork at http://www.pugcasso.com

Old 02-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Top Dog

Absolutely beautiful! I've been looking for something like this to put in my office! How much do they generally go for, if you don't mind my asking?
Old 02-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Big Dog

They're very cheap, imo.

9x12 watercolors are under $20 (auctions usually start at $10). And they're originals, not prints. Acrylics are more expensive, but the watercolor paintings are the ones I like the best. I've bought two dogs and one cat so far. He specializes in pugs and small breeds, and I'm more a fan of a large breeds but he does do labs and retrievers often.

I think he'll even do a painting based on your own pet for around $40.
Old 02-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Don't encourage me..

I love them!! May have to get some for our house!! (if he'll post to France that is!!)

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 02-28-2005, 04:15 PM
no touchy

Those are wonderful. This one is very cute...http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:35 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

He is awesome...i would like to have one toooooo!
Old 03-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Felurian

I really like his acrylic works. The one with the black dog running in the moonlight is marvelously evocative.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Active Pup

Hi people and thanks for the thread!

I hope this isn't considered spam or shameless self-promotion but since the thread is already created (I discovered this in a google search for my site) I thought it would be ok. If the moderators don't like me posting here I will understand

Thanks for the nice comments on my paintings. Currently I am partically switching things over somewhat to my website www.pugcasso.com away from ebay selling a bit (not completely though). Ebay fees sure do add up.

I'm seriously concentrating on commissions and putting some newly made available paintings both on my site and on ebay each week. I'm generally doing 9"x12" commissions within the day I get an inquiry while canvases take longer.

Anyway, you can add yourself to my email list from my site if you care to get informed about what's new each week or so.

Any Welsh Terrier or Airedale people might like the acrylic on canvas I have on the site . I have a Scottie canvas and a larger Jack Russell canvas started and planning to do a Golden Retriever canvas soon. I'm also starting a larger painting for someone with their Sheltie and Rough Collie in one 30" x 36" canvas.

Anyway, I hope this message wasn't inappropriate for the forum (I feel like a Troll LOL)
Old 02-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Felurian

Thanks, David. We hope you'll stick around and be part of the "family" You'll appreciate Smkie's work and also Cyrille's - and there are quite a few other very talented people here as well - some already well developed and accomplished and others who are showing great promise. One of the things that is so great about Smkie is how nurturing she is of shy artists-in-the-making

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian