Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-15-2005, 09:08 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
I have a BC/GSD mix, who is mostly BC. However I have been around purebred GSDs, including a long-haired called Coke. He was a great dog though he could come off as aggressive towards those passing by. He loved his owners (though they made him live outdoors and he barked out of boredom due to this), and was simply a great dog. GSDs are such loyal, loving dogs, great for families because they are gentle with their family but good guard dogs.
we cant walk apollo without someone being afraid...he loves people sooo much but cant stand dogs. we really should have made him more sociable as a pup! i think most of peoples problem is his size...he is a very big shepherd compared to every other one i have seen...daddy was huge and mom was too...he was the runt!
Old 02-16-2005, 04:38 PM
no touchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbucfan
we cant walk apollo without someone being afraid...he loves people sooo much but cant stand dogs. we really should have made him more sociable as a pup! i think most of peoples problem is his size...he is a very big shepherd compared to every other one i have seen...daddy was huge and mom was too...he was the runt!
I hate how GSDs are on so many banned breed lists. They are more likely to be dominant etc., but they're great dogs. So loyal and loving...simply a great breed. Your boy sounds so sweet.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 02-17-2005, 12:14 AM
Big German Shepherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaddylovesdogs
I hate how GSDs are on so many banned breed lists. They are more likely to be dominant etc., but they're great dogs. So loyal and loving...simply a great breed. Your boy sounds so sweet.
Any that's why I'm getting one!
Old 02-17-2005, 06:19 AM

Just throwing this in...my GSD, Hammie, is the sweetest most loving dog I've ever had.....which makes it so easy for me to absolutely adore him. Unlike Ms. Addie, who can be a little snippy at times and prefers her own territory outside...Ham can't get enough attention. I can do anything with him...I've never felt so secure with any dog. The best thing.....he truly adores me, too. He'll just sit anywhere I am and look at me.......I melt. LOL Everyone here knows that I did not properly socialize him......VERY bad. However, in my daily life it isn't a problem. I've just decided that when I have to take him into public, I'm putting a muzzle on......just to be sure he won't get excited and bite out of fear. I got him last Feb. and it was a brutal winter....we didn't get out much until April. I don't really have anywhere to just drive him to.....and we don't have people around. I know lots of people get upset with those 'excuses'....but that's just how it is for me. You will get your pup out and about, and you will really have the best dog in the world for your new pal. I'm excited for you!!!

When there was a discussion of having 'THE ONE' dog....he is mine. I don't know what I did without him. (I love Addie, too....she's just more of a 'daddy's' girl)
Old 02-17-2005, 06:33 PM
Top Dog

I love GSDs. Dunno if this was mentioned yet, but get ready to hear a LOT of talking. GSDs make the sweetest noises!
Old 02-18-2005, 01:11 AM
Big German Shepherd

Lol, I'm preparing as much as I can for him. 3 weeks left by this Sunday!
Old 02-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Felurian

This wait seems to be getting longer and longer!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-20-2005, 12:12 AM
Big German Shepherd

I know... But I just paid the breeder a down payment. He sent me pics of his GSD's and stuff... and news paper articles showing him and his dog, among other information about the dog's bloodline and such.

They're beautiful! The breeder has had 40 years experience!
Old 03-10-2005, 11:38 PM
Active Pup

Very Exciting Big Dog, I've got 2 GSD's, after their great grandpa passed (who was the love of my life, and my narc dog) I just couldn't get enough. They are incredibly intelligent, loyal and loving. So smart that they often know how to push you around if you're not careful, and oy do they love to talk! I'm sure it's been said already, but because of the dominant breed and their public stature, socialize, socialize, socialize.
Can't wait to see pictures!
And in case you haven't done it yet, the Monks of New Skete is the best book you can read!