Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 02-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordy
ladydi, please be aware that these puppies will not be ready to go to new homes before they are at least 8 weeks old.

otherwise they will miss critical socialization and will not learn proper "puppy manners" from their mom and littermates, which can make life extremely difficult for the new owners.
Yes I know this too I have just learned. My first litter here so still learning things as we go............But she is doing great with them there all healthy even vet says so.....she looks great not to much wieght loss, YOu know from Nursing and all....My youngest here is on a first name bases with our vet......She is a dog lover has been as long as I can remember. As I said my first puppy litter so little overly cautious I think.............Besides it may be longer so many want them but you know how that goes. I want to make sure they go to good homes, and being amstaffs, "pitbulls" it is even more of a concern for me...........And there my babys babys.........And you know how some are there cute now till that cuteness and newness wears off. I know I did it once.....Then they dont want to take the full responsibility. I am glad though I live in small town so I pretty much know everyone and there are a few that could offer me all the money in the world for a pup and I would not let them take one...........As I said we are learning as we go here but from things I have heard and you have all told me on here were doing pretty good. This well be our last litter she is getting fixed asap. Didnt really want this litter but that is my fault for not getting her fixed before it was too late. There my pets my family I am not looking to breed.
Old 02-07-2006, 02:51 PM
Quigleyfied

Once the puppies are ready to go to their new homes, you should also not let them go without a contract. Clauses like having them spayed/neutered are important, and also that you be notified in case someone can't or doesn't want to keep the dog anymore. That way you can make sure none of your puppies end up changing hands or in a shelter.

To make sure people spay and neuter, you can include the price for the surgery in the asking price for the puppies and then have your vet issue a gift certificate/voucher which you pass on to the new owners. If they fail to have their puppy fixed by a certain age, you can legally take the dog away from them. It's an excellent way to prevent future "oops" litters.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 02-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Puppy Dog

thankyou that is a great idea...................Yes I know I should of done mine before this I got lazy and it is hard for me living in small town bigger towns 30 miles away...no car and our vet as wonderful as he is kinda pricey on nuetering and spaying............So time to get unlazy do my homework and I well find a good place to have it done......But thankyou for this advice great idea...........