Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 02-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Big Dog

it was a TV news broadcast...nightly news. It was NBC local. I sent an e-mail. I will probably get no response.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Felurian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoparStar
Oh my God how can people do those kind of things and sleep at night? Where did this happen? I hope that monster ends up in a cell with some dog lovers. I would not be able to contain myself if I ever met someone that did that.
Believe me on this one; he's going to have a very, very bad time being locked up - from both sides of the bars. He won't be staying in county facilities, although it would still be bad in the county where he was convicted. He'll be going to a state facility with people who aren't concerned about getting parole. He'll find plenty of mates who like dogs and plenty who just don't like someone who would do that to a child. And no one will care what happens to him while he's there.

I've found a funny anomaly when I've had to talk to clients in jails: a lot of the ones who have committed some of the more violent acts seem to have a real soft spot for pets.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-24-2005, 03:04 PM
Island dweller

Too bad.

They may right back. Did your local paper write anything about it?
Old 02-24-2005, 03:08 PM
Big Dog

I didn't notice it but I will have to go back and check.....
Old 02-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Island dweller

Well, I was just thinking that if they did you could write (or resend) your letter and they might print it. They usually do. Or they should. We print good and bad letters.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:07 AM
Big Dog

well I couldn't find it in the paper. I did get a response back from the news station; it said "Thank you for you comments" So at least I know they got it!
Old 02-25-2005, 01:29 PM
Island dweller

LOL what a bunch of goofs. That's all they said? Hmpf.
Old 02-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Lab Lubber

This was a long and interesting thread. I have only ever been bit by two dogs, one was a black lab who "Never bites!" lol and a Lasso Apso spelling?)

Both were unprovoked by me, but not without reason I'm sure. The first time there was a lot of chaos and I think it scared the dog... if that were my only defence, I'd bite too.

The second was Spike, and I pet him too closely to an recent injury and I think I scared him.

I have five dogs now, one black lab, three that are black lab mixes and a basset hound. (I need to post some picks for sure) but my "Two boys" are extremely aggressive when people come to our gate and have bit several people.

I have very mixed emotions about this. Once someone is in the yard... they're fine. But so many kids have taunted my dogs and thrown things at them that, well I think that's why they act this way.

But I have no doubt in my mind that they would never hurt anyone in my family. My girls have hit them, stomped on them, tackled them, tried to ride them and all sorts of things and they just roll over and take it. If anything, they come hide behind me or my husband so we can get the girls off. =0)

I've been around rotties, dobermans and pit bulls and never been bit... So I guess I just wanted to share too.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Top Dog

Here's an article I came across where the media actually reported a good story on a one of the so-called "dangerous" breeds!

Dog rushes to help

Pit bull ran outside to rescue woman stranded in cold

By DEREK PUDDICOMBE, Ottawa Sun

IT WAS about -40C and Noella Mitchell lay helpless on the handicap ramp leading up to her home. She would soon be staring into the eyes of a pit bull and thinking she was about to die. The 42-year-old woman left her Craig Henry home one very cold morning last January to complete an errand. When she returned about 30 minutes later, she lost her balance and fell to the ground.

Mitchell, who suffers from Graves' Disease which causes muscular weakness, wasn't able to pull herself up. Her attempts to right herself using her walker were futile.

Before her fall, she was able to open the door enough so if somebody was inside they would have been able to hear her cries for help. However, her two children and a friend of her son's living at the house had already left for the day.

Two months earlier, her son had come to his mother and asked if a friend could stay with them for a while. Mitchell hesitated because the boarder came with Cloe, a two-year-old female pit bull.

ATTACKED AS CHILD

Mitchell is dreadfully afraid of dogs. When she was a 10-year-old girl living in Montreal, she was attacked by a German Shepherd.

When Mitchell finally agreed to her son's request, it was on the condition that since she is confined to the first floor of the home, Cloe would be kept upstairs at all times.

On the ramp with her leg lying partially in the snow, Mitchell could hear the dog upstairs clawing at the bedroom door and moments later she looked up to see Cloe running towards her.

"When I saw her, I thought I was dead," she said.

But to her surprise, Mitchell said Cloe began licking her face and trying to bring attention to her fall. "She sat there beside me howling and barking and she started to lick the side of my legs."

At one point, the dog attempted to pull Mitchell inside the house by grabbing onto her jacket.

After about 30 minutes outside, the owner of the dog arrived home and helped Mitchell inside.

She figures Cloe, determined to rush to her aid, somehow managed to get the bedroom door open.

"I will never lock her up again," said Mitchell.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:04 PM
no touchy

Aw, that is such a sweet story, poodlesmom! I can imagine the puppy now....licking the woman's face with love and concern.....Pits are such wonderful dogs.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.