Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 02-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL
I made a big mistake and that's why i asked you guys for the best solution. I worked closely with many recommmendations from this thread, the breeder and the local council. I'm sorry that I didn't come up with it all myself.

I didn't think that my inexperience would be labeled willful animal cruelty. I was in big trouble with my dog and wanted to talk to people with experience -- you guys.

Brian
Don't let one or two negative comments discourage you from asking questions. I think that the majority of people here just want to help each other out.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Top Dog

Along this line.. I always made golden fake fur pillows ( oblong ) to send home with each pup which had the Mom's and litter mate's smell on them.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:19 AM
bullie lover

Brian - I am proud of you for trying and for asking. I hope your puppy gives you much joy in the coming years.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:13 PM
On the lighter side....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoodleMommy
I wasnt saying this is a blatant case of abuse.

However, I dont think this is a "mistake". He doesnt appear to want the dog in his room at all and it appears he hopes to eventually get this dog back outside.

He never said, wow i didnt realize this was a mistake and I am going to correct this action in the future. Everyone makes mistakes, but they are only true mistakes if you correct them.

Bringing the dog in to get yourself out of trouble and then sending it back out when its older is irresponsible in my mind.

To each his (her) own.
Your right...maybe he doesn't want the dog in his room. I don't want my pup in my room.....does that mean I am abusing her? I think not.

"Bringing the dog in to get yourself out of trouble..." What does that even mean....out of trouble with whom? People who post here? He obviously didn't know...he asked a question got some awesome advice and fixed it....isn't that what these forums are for? Give the guy a break.

Good luck with your pup Brian it is adorable.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:35 PM
My pets love me they do

I am glad to hear that Roger made it through the night inside. I was reading the posts and you were receiving alot of posts about bringing him inside so I didnt need to add my .2 worth, just one thing to keep in the back of your mind. Roger is just a baby, and babies need alot of love, companionship and comfort. Good luck