Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-04-2005, 06:25 PM
treehugging clicker freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
I don't know if they do or not - they wouldn't have the nerve to tell me if they did. They all know I'm perfectly capable of never being bothered with them again
Same here!

When I was a child my mother was (and still is) director of a day care. Naturally I hated kids, never wanted them or anything to do with them. Now that I'm older I am lead teacher in a toddler room (kids eighteen mos to 3yrs old), go figure. I do consider that the best form of birth control! lol
So OF COURSE all I talk about is dogs! I'm 100% DONE dealing with kids by the time 5oclock rolls around. The only good thing about being lead teacher is I can have pet week and bring Carly into work with me. Not Maddie, because like me, she doesnt like kids that well (lol!)
My mom once called me obsessive about it. I just laughed and kept talking about my walk with Maddie They whole family just kind of deals with it in a nice way, because they know there's no way I'll stop. When they're tired of hearing about it after failing to change the subject they'll call someone over and say "Don't you have dogs?" I get excited and it all starts with "ooo what kind?" as the original person runs away... hahaha
So, obviosuly you guys are Not alone!

Maddie CGC .:. Cocker Spaniel .:. 12 y/o
Bailey CGC .:. Shetland Sheepdog .:. 5 y/o
Old 03-04-2005, 06:47 PM
no touchy

Yes, my family thinks I'm nuts. Sometimes they'll either give me "signs" to shut my mouth or tell me they aren't really interested at the moment (or both). The only person in my family I can really "talk to" about animals is one of my older sisters who is also an animal freak (she has eight dogs, eleven to twelve cats, a rabbit, rats, fish, etc.). Not only does she understand me 100% when I'm speaking of training methods and rare diseases and things like that, but it seems like she really cares and listens. Sometimes it just hurts because it feels like I can't talk to the rest of my family about one of my greatest passions in life.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 03-04-2005, 09:15 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

You all make me appriciate my mum more than i ever did before..when it came to the animals she never said a word about it.she critizied a great deal of things, but this she left untouched. .she really understood that i couldn't be me without them..when i brought something home, she made room, if it was hurt, she helped nurse it. When i grew up, a single parent, and hit poverty straight in the face, she never critizied my having a dog even when i had to borrow money. I do not think a single other person in my life has ever completely understood. I will tell her about this tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2005, 01:25 AM
Big German Shepherd

So what if you love your dogs? A lot of people on this forum do. Or better yet, a lot of people all over the world do. And if she doesn't like it, that's her problem, it's not like you HAVE to send her pictures or communicate with her. I think she's a little rude. But anyway, good luck on this topic.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:46 AM
Love my pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
You all make me appriciate my mum more than i ever did before..when it came to the animals she never said a word about it.she critizied a great deal of things, but this she left untouched. .she really understood that i couldn't be me without them..when i brought something home, she made room, if it was hurt, she helped nurse it. When i grew up, a single parent, and hit poverty straight in the face, she never critizied my having a dog even when i had to borrow money. I do not think a single other person in my life has ever completely understood. I will tell her about this tomorrow.
What a great mum you have!!! Cherish her always for the love she gives to you and to your pets!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Felurian

My Mom was exactly the same way about the animals, SMKie, as was her mother (Nanny). Nanny even had a wild cardinal that would perch on her shoulder and go in and out of the house with her. There was a time when we were sooooo broke - long story - and we must have eaten peanut butter sandwiches for a month at least. Got to the point we were grilling them just for variety. And I never want to see another bowl of pinto beans as long as I live! But Purdue, my GSD and our cat, CJ always had dog and cat food. There was never any question of anything else happening. They depended on us to take care of their needs and that came first.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian