Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 02-25-2005, 03:39 PM
Active Pup

Unhappy bones are for outside

hi, does anyone have any good ideas on how to teach my pup to play with his bones outside!! its so annoying because he is constantly droppping them on the ground.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:30 PM
Island dweller

LOL No.

I have a hard enough time teaching Maverick not to take things outside with him. Pretty soon our whole living room will be in the yard and then we might as well go and sit out there too.

CreatureTeacher will help you when she gets back after the weekend.

And I"m sure other more useful people will be posting too.
Old 02-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Don't encourage me..

I just throw them outside again when they make it indoors!! lol!

The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on. - Robert Bloch

Old 02-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Soon to Be 4 Pups!!

brownie has outside toys and inside toys when he goes to go outside with a clean nice toy i tell him your not bringing that out and he drops it and the same for the yucky toys outside my dogs as also trained to throw up outside just tell him no when he goes to bring a toy in or out unless you have a doggie then you stuck
Old 02-25-2005, 07:53 PM
Top Dog

I got to tell you our bone problems! We went to the meat market yesterday and for a treat got Princess a big bone. She carried it around with her all day like its the greatest treasure ever. That evening she came in, with her bone. Walked around whinning, looking for the safest place to put her bone then dropped it in my lap. I thanked her but told her I really dont want her wet, muddy, gross bone. I gave it back. So she jumps on the sofa and buries it in the sofa between the cushion and the back, then uses her nose to stuff it in and move a blanket over it.

Later that evening I let her out, she took her bone with her. About an hour later she was back inside, I decided to go lay in bed to watch tv. I was cold so decided to climb under the covers. I pull back my covers to find this muddy, wet, gross bone! She buried it in my bed! So I put it on the floor next to her. Before bed she makes one more trip outside, takes her bone with her. She came back in without it, which was great. Then 4 this morning she wakes us up with her whinning, wants to go out (she sleeps all night until 7:30 in the morning). So she gets let out. ALL SHE WANTED WAS HER BONE! She runs out, gets her bone and comes right back in, hurries back into the bedroom, buries it under my husbands jeans and goes right back to bed. Then a few hours later when it was time for everyone to get up, she grabs her bone and out the door she goes, happy as can be.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:35 PM
Felurian

We have Bone Wars. Shiva thinks all bones belong to her. Every single, solitary one of them. No exceptions. She'll gather up Bimmer and Kharma's bones, either by bullying or by deceitful means or just by waiting for an unguarded moment, pile them on the sofa, and lay on them while she works on hers.

I watched her the other night - and watched Kharma watching her. Shiva fell asleep chewing on her bone with her head lolling off of the sofa. As she fell deeper and deeper asleep, her jaw began to relax. Kharma saw what was happening, and slid over silently until her head was directly underneath Shiva's mouth - and the ever more precariously clutched bone. Right before Shiva's jaws relaxed and the bone dropped - which would have waked her up - Kharma openned her mouth, making no sound at all, and let the bone ease from Shiva's mouth into hers. Then Kharma slid back across the floor until she was far enough away to get up and go to the bedroom with the prize without waking Shiva.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 03-02-2005, 12:48 PM
no touchy

When I give my girls raw bones in the warm weather they eat them outside. I leave them out there as happy as can be (I make sure they are completely seperated and check on them every couple of minutes). So I leave them chewing at these things for an hour to two hours, then I go outside, and either put the bones in a bag and back into the freezer or leave them there to dry. My dogs ALWAYS try to bring those things inside, and there is no way I'm letting them get raw meat all over everything. They look like I'm seperating them from their best friend or something.

If they try to bring something in, I just make them drop it, then I grab their collar and hurl it as far as possible, LOL.
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see, all of your fears will pass away.
And you'll be here, in my arms.
Just sleeping.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Love my pets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
I watched her the other night - and watched Kharma watching her. Shiva fell asleep chewing on her bone with her head lolling off of the sofa. As she fell deeper and deeper asleep, her jaw began to relax. Kharma saw what was happening, and slid over silently until her head was directly underneath Shiva's mouth - and the ever more precariously clutched bone. Right before Shiva's jaws relaxed and the bone dropped - which would have waked her up - Kharma openned her mouth, making no sound at all, and let the bone ease from Shiva's mouth into hers. Then Kharma slid back across the floor until she was far enough away to get up and go to the bedroom with the prize without waking Shiva.
ROFLMAO!!!!!!!! Renee, I love your Shiva stories. I'd love to meet that girl!
Old 03-02-2005, 12:53 PM
Mop Lover!

LOL really funny gaddylovesdogs!!!

"You may have a dog that won't sit up, roll over or even cook breakfast, not because she's too stupid to learn how but because she's too smart to bother." - Rick Horowitz
Old 03-02-2005, 03:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il
We have Bone Wars. Shiva thinks all bones belong to her. Every single, solitary one of them. No exceptions. She'll gather up Bimmer and Kharma's bones, either by bullying or by deceitful means or just by waiting for an unguarded moment, pile them on the sofa, and lay on them while she works on hers.

Omigosh, that's freakin' HILARIOUS! You should send that in to Reader's Digest!