Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 08-13-2014, 04:50 PM
I'm All Ears

Someone fun and not super serious needs to come AKC with me. The trials I've gone to watch parts of.... they take ALL FREAKING DAY. And I don't want to sit there by myself doing nothing all day waiting for our two runs. None of my USDAA friends do AKC anymore.

The only thing I want is an AKC title. Why? Just because I suppose... it seems more legit. I keep telling myself if we ever make USDAA titles then I should just be happy with that. It's a bummer we had to not run last trial. We are 1 Q away in so many things.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Someone fun and not super serious needs to come AKC with me. The trials I've gone to watch parts of.... they take ALL FREAKING DAY. And I don't want to sit there by myself doing nothing all day waiting for our two runs. None of my USDAA friends do AKC anymore.
Well duh, because they've discovered that USDAA is WAY more fun! USDAA has snooker. And yes, AKC feels like a much longer day to me, with a lot more sitting around, than any USDAA trial I've done. It is one of the less appealing aspects for me.

As much as I'm a USDAA freak, I consider titles there and in AKC pretty comparable.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post

The only thing I want is an AKC title. Why? Just because I suppose... it seems more legit. I keep telling myself if we ever make USDAA titles then I should just be happy with that. It's a bummer we had to not run last trial. We are 1 Q away in so many things.
Come to Ohio! There's a club that puts on pretty regular AKC trials and splits Excellent/Masters from Open and Novice. The people only running Open and Novice show up around 2. It's awesome.

Old 08-13-2014, 08:55 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Y'all need to drink more at trials.
Makes the day go WAY faster.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Y'all need to drink more at trials.
Makes the day go WAY faster.
Will you be at Louisville again next year? Because this sounds like something I want to be around for. xD

Old 08-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriskai View Post
Will you be at Louisville again next year? Because this sounds like something I want to be around for. xD
Depends on the judges, but more than likely!

ETA: Did I get drunk at Louisville this year? I can't remember... that's probably a yes. I routinely get tipsy down at Glen Carbon since the bar is RIGHT THERE. May or may not begin before I even finish running dogs...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-14-2014, 12:03 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Obviously you need to road trip here and go to an agility trial. I will introduce you to ALL the papillons. It will be fabulous. And we shall eat cake and cheer and Lodin will sit on you and hug your head because he does that.

Just don't move here if you want to do USDAA. We don't have hardly any and what we do have involves driving. Which is my main beef with USDAA -- barely or doesn't exist in large sections of the country. Including mine.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 08-14-2014, 08:03 AM
I'm All Ears

USDAA barely exists around here too. There's like 3 trials a year and it just started the last couple years. I've been at every USDAA trial the state has had. It's a bummer because I'd love to do more of it.

I think AKC type courses would be a better fit for Summer. I looked up course times and they're a bit slower than USDAA. She can make USDAA times but in the upper levels it may be a problem. Who knows though, last trial she blew time by about 10 seconds. Usually we're REALLY close to over time or at course time. Of course that has been with a few stumbles in each course.

I enjoy running full size equipment vs TDAA. Summer seems to enjoy both equally and there's just a bunch of TDAA around here so we participate. Basically the only 'big dog' organization that is very common in the area is AKC. I need to get off my butt and do it. UKC also has a few trials a year but they have weird equipment after level 1. NADAC has a whopping 1 trial a year.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:37 PM
Top Dog

I want all of Chaz to do trials together.

I get so nervous drinking at trials...and I don't know of anyone else who does it lol Ken & I fill up large styrofoam cups with a dark beer and pretend we're drinking coffee--complete with blowing on it to "cool it down" haha

I'm building an A-frame. Anybody know how tall it should be? I know it varies from venue to venue and I think most use 9 foot sides, and we used 8.5. I tried doing the Pythagorean theorem to get the right angle but I think I did it wrong :/

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 08-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Top Dog

I'd definitely come hang out at a trial if someone is in my area . Anytime anyone is in Springfield MA (good venue) I will def come hang out.