Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-08-2014, 09:49 AM
Highbread Dingbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
Another rant: people who want a dog exactly like panzer because he is so well behaved in public and around people and dogs. When they actually have no idea how much training and socializing I did with panzer and still do. Oh and their response is "I've had a dog before" that's nice, but have you had a stubborn, dominant. Protective breed before? Riddle me that.
That kills me!
We get it all the time at shows when I bring Cobain out for our "Meet n Greet" section.
I try to deter the average person/family from Border Collies but I always get things like "Oh it's okay I used to have one a long time ago" or "He's so calm!" Yeah that's because he just spent the last half hour running his ass off, and on an average day I dedicate like 3 hours just to exercise and training.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:50 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I just found out Auggie's mom died last month.
I don't know why she didn't tell me sooner.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-08-2014, 11:18 AM
The Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozfozz View Post
That kills me!
We get it all the time at shows when I bring Cobain out for our "Meet n Greet" section.
I try to deter the average person/family from Border Collies but I always get things like "Oh it's okay I used to have one a long time ago" or "He's so calm!" Yeah that's because he just spent the last half hour running his ass off, and on an average day I dedicate like 3 hours just to exercise and training.
I had a husband and wife approach me at our last show asking about Aussies, how much they cost (always a bad sign), and how hard they are to live with. I was polite but hammered home that 90% of the time they're not a breed for beginners. I'm pretty sure I was able to dissuade them, but they seemed pretty smitten with Cohen.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 08-08-2014, 12:37 PM
I'm All Ears

Mia is having a good day. We went to the park from 10-11:30 and she ran off leash the whole time without any troubles and despite it being in the mid 80s. We had a blast.
Old 08-08-2014, 01:31 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayleyMarie View Post
Another rant: people who want a dog exactly like panzer because he is so well behaved in public and around people and dogs. When they actually have no idea how much training and socializing I did with panzer and still do. Oh and their response is "I've had a dog before" that's nice, but have you had a stubborn, dominant. Protective breed before? Riddle me that.
I've actually not had a single person say they want a dog just like Abrams. I feel kind of hurt now.

Guess it's a good thing he's so physical and enthusiastic about everything. Dissuades the faint of heart.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:10 PM
dogstrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Mia is having a good day. We went to the park from 10-11:30 and she ran off leash the whole time without any troubles and despite it being in the mid 80s. We had a blast.
I've been having a stressful week and this made it a lot better. <3

Equinox Shadow Of A Hero CGC "Shadow"
Equinox Ain't No Rest For The Wicked CGC "Embyr"
Equinox Play Me Some Mountain Music "Copper"
Equinox Don't Feed It After Midnight "Bloo"
Old 08-08-2014, 02:20 PM
+ Nika

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Yay! That's so awesome. Totally made my day.

Jazzy 5 y/o. Siberian

Nika 14 w/o. Siberian

(Picture coming soon!)
Old 08-08-2014, 09:01 PM
Highbread Dingbat

A few days ago my cousin (whom is just finishing up her education to be a vet tech) posted "I'm never owning another animal again. All they do is break your heart "

My mom just texted me with context.
My grandfather's elderly dog took off last week. This dog is 14+ years old, and has lived on this property his entire life without ever running. He's presumed dead.

I used to hate this dog. My 2 dog bite scars are because of him. But he taught me a lot. :'(

So I told Josh. As I said that I mentioned the "I will never own another pet" and said, "I will probably say that when..." and pointed at Cobain. The freakin' choked up.
Gah emotions and sadness :'(

RIP(?) Buck

Last edited by Ozfozz; 08-08-2014 at 09:27 PM. Reason: punctuation and photo
Old 08-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Top Dog

My friend's dog got attacked yesterday at a park. Not even a dog park, a people park. Not a "dog fight" attack, but 3 dogs attacked to kill. 3 hours of surgery, seven drains, skin torn from the muscle, an amputated ear, and while he looked stable this morning apparently, he crashed this afternoon and got moved to the e-vet. He needs some serious good vibes for the next 12 hours or so.

I can't even imagine. My dogs may never leave the house again, at least until I find kevlar suits for them to wear.

So freaking scary, and it makes me hate people so **** much. You can't tell me dogs like that had never given ANY warning that they maybe had issues.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:26 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
My friend's dog got attacked yesterday at a park. Not even a dog park, a people park. Not a "dog fight" attack, but 3 dogs attacked to kill. 3 hours of surgery, seven drains, skin torn from the muscle, an amputated ear, and while he looked stable this morning apparently, he crashed this afternoon and got moved to the e-vet. He needs some serious good vibes for the next 12 hours or so.

I can't even imagine. My dogs may never leave the house again, at least until I find kevlar suits for them to wear.

So freaking scary, and it makes me hate people so **** much. You can't tell me dogs like that had never given ANY warning that they maybe had issues.
Earlier in the week we had someone rush in with their two year old Maltese. It was DOA. A Labrador had come over to say hello while at the park and bounced on it. Just bounced. No malicious intent at all. And it died almost immediately. Internal injuries.

So sad. The owner was in hysterics.

Best of luck to your friends dog.