Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 08-07-2014, 03:09 PM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Can I just say how much I love this little dog?

She's so ridiculous. Her favorite piece of equipment? The teeter. Why? Because she loves the way it bangs! She rides it down and when it hits the floor she starts furiously wagging her tail.

And her focus has become so much better. We have been putting in some work on ritual building and now when the leash comes of she is able to stay with me and work with me until I let her know we're done. She decided to go exploring twice today during our lesson, and both times when I asked her to refocus, she ran back and did. A couple weeks ago, I actually had to leave the ring to get any kind of response from her at our lesson. Today she was able to run the dogwalk, come off my release into a heel to get back to the start, and run it again. And again. And again. And it was awesome.

Everything is coming together for us, and I just can't wait to see where we go!
That's awesome!!!
Old 08-07-2014, 06:22 PM
Top Dog

Forgot to mention... Mimi's officially out of Novice. She has two Open JWW legs and one Open Standard leg. So there's that.

Old 08-07-2014, 07:01 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriskai View Post
Forgot to mention... Mimi's officially out of Novice. She has two Open JWW legs and one Open Standard leg. So there's that.
Yay Mimi!

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 08-07-2014, 08:19 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
YAY!!! Congrats

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 20 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 7 years old (M)
Old 08-07-2014, 08:20 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
It is, the only real problem is that there's a time difference between here and Indiana which makes things a little difficult. I was planning on just getting up super early and doing that, but my mom started hemming and hawing about it and told me to find a room. I found two rooms available at the really crappy, gross Red Roof Inn, so I booked one. I seriously was considering just going by myself and sleeping in my car... that RRI is soooo gross. But if it's just for a place to sleep one night it shouldn't be a huge deal.

I woke up in the middle of the night last night panicking and trying to figure out what the heck I'm going to do in the next two days to try and train my dog.
You guys will be fine! Sometimes I feel like Kimma does better if she hasn't seen equipment in a while - I actually never train agility with her the day before a trial (I work at my training place Saturdays and we usually trial Sundays - so we just do obedience instead). Good luck and I hope the room isn't too gross!!

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 20 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 7 years old (M)
Old 08-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Congratulations!

We are off to do our first CPE trial in...probably five or six years? This Sunday. I am really hoping for some super fast, short, motivating runs from Gusto. And Meg can do whatever she wants, of course

He's been fabulous in training lately; please please please let it carry over!

Old 08-07-2014, 10:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Everything is coming together for us, and I just can't wait to see where we go!
So much yay for you!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 08-07-2014, 10:49 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
YAY!! Way to go Mimi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
You guys will be fine! Sometimes I feel like Kimma does better if she hasn't seen equipment in a while - I actually never train agility with her the day before a trial (I work at my training place Saturdays and we usually trial Sundays - so we just do obedience instead). Good luck and I hope the room isn't too gross!!
Payton doesn't do that great even with seeing equipment LOL. I've got a whole bunch of things to work on with him away from equipment hoping it will all tie together but I haven't gotten it down away from equipment yet to even try bringing it on equipment. I will definitely be taking my travel plank to the hotel again... and probably my travel tire... *facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
We are off to do our first CPE trial in...probably five or six years? This Sunday. I am really hoping for some super fast, short, motivating runs from Gusto. And Meg can do whatever she wants, of course

He's been fabulous in training lately; please please please let it carry over!
Good luck!! I know it's tough to not be able to anticipate from training to trial so I hope you have some trial success even if it's not getting a Q.

This is what Payton and I did today:

After one of those proofing videos made the rounds on my Facebook page I jokingly said I needed to do one for Payton so when he doesn't do weave poles at a trial and somebody "helpfully" suggests I need to re-train his weaves, I could just bust out the video and be like NOT THE PROBLEM. But of course I forgot my video camera. Anyway, we have a wubba, a holee roller, a container of steak (same containers I used during Steak n Weaves so he knew what they were for), a ball on a rope, four-strand braided tug, another steak container, an alligator tug, the squeaky tuggy ball, his football tug, Auggie's precious Sharky tug, a bottle wrapper tug we played with before doing this, more steak, a squeaky football, more steak, a dinosaur toy, a bait bag, a Kong rabbit ball thingie, and his food tube.
I started with just a few things and then added more along the way. His first time through he was like "WTF, why are there things on the ground?" The first time I added the bait bag and food tube he was confused because I usually throw his reward in one of those and he thought clearly that meant he was done because the reward "appeared." He also pulled out for a steak container the first time I added those. But after one goof the first time through, it was no problem, like they weren't even there. I even fed him steak from the containers and then moved to leaving them open.

This dog. Really.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Top Dog

Could Payton's problem be different weaves? Those look like stick in the ground poles, which 'give' a whole lot more. Based poles don't have that. If those aren't stick in the ground, whoops.

Bailey had to re-learn how to weave because I had stick in the ground and she could muscle them around. She frequently popped out at trials until I got based poles and she learned how to work those better.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 08-07-2014, 11:32 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
Could Payton's problem be different weaves? Those look like stick in the ground poles, which 'give' a whole lot more. Based poles don't have that. If those aren't stick in the ground, whoops.

Bailey had to re-learn how to weave because I had stick in the ground and she could muscle them around. She frequently popped out at trials until I got based poles and she learned how to work those better.
Those are stick in the grounds, but I have two sets of 2x2s at my parent's house, weave-a-matics with bases both at home and what he used at our training classes. He was actually trained on the 2x2s and WAMs. The only time we use the stick in the grounds are at my house because the 2x2s are still at my parent's house for my mom to use with Georgie. Steak N Weaves was all done on the 2x2s.

Early weaveums on 2x2s:

Payton's problem really isn't the obstacles themselves. It's his state of mind. Or lack thereof.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog