Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2014, 08:58 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Default (human) Cat allergies

The past three days Michael has been absolutely miserable. I've told him that I understand if it's something he doesn't want to deal with and we can start looking for a home for Histamine, but he really enjoys her and wants to keep her.

We're going to pick up some non generic anti-histamine's today (a vet I work with is allergic and owns a cat, and she swears by Zertec-D), but besides that, is there anything I can be doing to try to keep allergens low? Bathing her with a certain shampoo? Wipes?

He insists on wrestling with her and holding her and petting her, and he washes up every time he does, but his eyes are still getting irritated and his nose has been runny, too. I think that's something he's willing to live with, but I feel bad. :/

He's lived successfully with a cat before that was bathed and brushed routinely, so she's going to be on the same grooming schedule as the dogs, I just wasn't sure what else I could be doing.