Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 01-19-2006, 11:04 PM
Top Dog

Smkie....there is a forum for art somewhere on the net where people sell their paintings etc. I know it's not much help because I can't remember the name of the site but if you do a search for art, I'm sure you will find it. You should look into it and see what involves setting yourself up there. May be free for all we know. All I know is that you are far too talented not to be sharing your talents for money! BTW...you are an awesome photographer as well. What kind of camera do you have?

Pam
Old 01-19-2006, 11:23 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

i had a nikon fm 2 when i went to the art institute. My ex stole it when we went thru the big divorce and pawned it for a hundred. The judge awarded me only the hundred and you could have knocked me over i was sooooo upset. About 10 years went by with nothing but junk crap from the thriftstore not worth even putting film in. Then a man contacted me about making a painting for him with all of his dogs in it. He owned a chain of camera stores. I told him my tale of woe and he said he had the same camera if i wanted to barter..jump flip and horrrraaayyyy u bet i did. I had watched pawn shops and ads never ever finding my old friend. That is what i think of it too..i was published in the BEST OF COLLEGE PHOTOGRAPHY 1984 with the first roll i ever dropped in and developed. Your only as good as your tools? anyway i was proud of myself for earning it back and that painting was absolutely HARD so nothing good comes easy right?
Thanks for thinking of me..about being able to sell..i tell ya my son just moved out and Hyia is no trouble for the first time in my life ever i am discovering I have TIME to create things. THat is a step in the right direction. I am not ready to do marketing right now for a couple of reasons. One is i have some seriously screwed up health problems that have landed me in disablity. THere is no way i could make enough money to cover the prescriptions i have to take or the surgeries..(i am such an expensive puppy) the scripts alone can be 500 a month. I cannot make more then a mini amount of money or i will lose my insurance and no one in the whole wide world would take me as a client for health insurance. THat is the biggest hurdle i cant find a way under over or around. So what i am doing is working as hard as i can...strengthing my skills, getting a collection together of sellable quality work. THen one day IF i lose my insurance because the govt decided i am not worth having around anymore..i would have this to fall back on..OOOOOR if there is an agent that thinks he could do something i could turn the whole collection over to GG and she could maybe get back some of the money she has had to bail my behind out (not jail but divorce and health and kids and u know) everytime i needed help. IT could help with Hyia too. AS it is money cannot cross my palm. Isn't that a pickle to have to live with? I take seriously what i donate and i give my art to people that mean the most to me as well, the humane society makes it possible for me to have my dogs. WIthout them there is no way i could afford one vet trip let alone a serious problem or even the basics. I want to pay my way in life..what happened to me was NOT MY FAULT. That is what i have to remind myself of all the time to beat off the depression of the whole situation. I need to be adopted...Smkie needs some tlc from someone that truly believes in the art i make. ahhhwell i guess i better get in there and work on packs..that one is for CHAZHOUND members!

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 01-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Top Dog

Well, Smkie....it won't make you rich but I promise whenever I can pull myself up out of this financial pit I've fallen into, I will pay you to make a portrait of my dog, Chyna...and I will show it to everyone I know and hopefully they will commission you to do one of their pets. People can always pay you in CASH, you know! What Uncle Sam doesn't know won't hurt YOU!

Pam