Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 06-29-2014, 10:55 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I had to change his cage today, and he let me pick him up/hold him with some gardening gloves on and didn't have a heart attack when I was petting him. He also felt comfortable enough to eat in front of me, even with my hand still in the cage. So, progress. Still hissy/swatty, of course (thus the gloves), but a bit less terrified. And I didn't get grumbled at today.

I think the reason he's yowling so much is because he's in a crate, as today he braved approaching me in the hopes that he could come out. We may set him up in the bathroom, especially now that we know he doesn't panic at the sight of dogs. I need to make sure he understands the concept of a litter box first - he's been doing alright, but not 100% yet. I moved him to a smaller crate today so he could be more portable and we could bring him inside and let him explore a closed off room if needed.

He has a hidey house in his crate, for sure. I also have picked it up off the floor and have it resting on top of the large crate and covered on three sides with a blanket, to try and help him feel more secure.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 06-29-2014, 12:54 PM

And this happened today. He doesn't like cats. Sure. He even named her, and keeps wanting to bring her in the house and let her run loose.

I think she's a little girl, but I hate sexing kittens, so I'm not 100% sure.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly

Old 06-29-2014, 12:55 PM
such sights to show you

When they're that wee, I need one of each to be really confident.

Old 06-30-2014, 05:40 PM

More progress today - she approached me willingly (hissing, the brat) to come get her dinner. And then let me pet her without any fuss. She likes to hiss and swat when she's first approached, then when she realizes what's going on she's much more calm.

And we're on a fourth name. Histamine, because she is horrible for my husband's allergies. And because she's hissy. LOL

Old 07-01-2014, 08:56 PM

Today's progress! Not near as much yeowling in the crate, I think because she is more comfortable now. She's more comfortable when we walk into the room (less cringing, more watching). More readily coming out for food, too. I also was not swatted at today! Will try to get an updated picture tomorrow.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:11 AM

GUESS WHO PURRED WHEN I PICKED HER UP THIS MORNING!!!!! AND GUESS WHO THOUGHT ABOUT PLAYING WITH A TOY?!?!!!

I'm probably much more excited about this than I should be. LOL

I also just placed an ad out looking for a suitable home for her so when she's ready we have a home lined up. Is it wrong that I'm kind of hoping I have no one interested so we have to keep her?